Who says smoothies are just for spring and summer? The health nuts in us say smoothies are the bee’s knees all year around. As we move into the full-fledged holiday season, we could all use a healthy breakfast option a few days a week. Here are 11 such recipes we’re bookmarking this month.
1. Apple Pie Smoothie: As American as an apple pie smoothie? If the trend towards health-conscious eating continues to grow as it has been, we just might need to amend that expression ;) (via My San Francisco Kitchen)
5. Raspberry Strawberry Honey Smoothie: You can count on any combination of berries, bananas, and honey when it comes to the world of smoothies. As fresh berries become harder and harder to come by this winter, go for the frozen ones and skip the ice cubes. (via Call Me Fudge)
6. Banana Date Smoothie with Maple Syrup and Oat Bran: With maple syrup and bananas, this smoothie has our favorite breakfast flavors packed in one glass. (via Happiness Made from Scratch)
8. Fall Cranberry Pear Smoothie: The combination of tart cranberries and sweet pears come together beautifully in this fall-inspired smoothie. Add cinnamon and you’ve got another holiday treat! (via Christian Science Monitor)
11. Fantasy Melted Chocolate Ice Cream Smoothie: Finally, we’ve got a smoothie that claims to taste just like melted ice cream, without any of the guilt. We’ll give it a try and get back to you :) (via Oatmeal with a Fork)
What are your go-to smoothie recipes? Share them with us in the comments below.