When the temps plummet, we still crave salads. And for a lot of us, uncovering our barbecues to get a little grilled salad action going is almost always out of the question. These 18 warm salads are just the ticket. Enjoy this collection of cool-weather salads perfect for a starter, side or main course. As an added bonus, each packs a nutrient punch to give you an edge all holiday and cold season long.
1. Warm Cranberry-Honey Dressing and Winter Salad: Your favorite mix of greens dresses up ever so nicely with a drizzle of warm, sweet-sour dressing and a beautiful selection of produce. (via Boulder Locavore)
2. Warm Buckwheat Salad With Roasted Kabocha: You’ll fall hard for this nutritional powerhouse. Featuring nutty buckwheat, kabocha squash and beans, it is a healthy meal that will surely satisfy. (via Petit World Citizen)
4. Warm Sauteed Spinach With Feijoa in a Balsamic Beurre Blanc: Serve this up as an unexpected alternative to creamed spinach at your next holiday feast. The mouthwatering combo of buttery and sweet is sure to wow your guests. (via Inspired Edibles)
6. Warm Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Quinoa Salad (Vegan): You’ll love the trifecta of flavors and textures in this salad. Between the creamy tahini dressing and smokey bacon, it’s hard to believe there’s no dairy or meat to be found. (via Keepin’ It Kind)
7. Warm Cauliflower Salad With Radishes and Olives: Brace your taste buds for a unique experience. Peppery radish, mellow cauliflower and briny olives make up this warm salad that you won’t soon forget. (via Mango Tomato)
8. Warm Israeli Couscous Salad With Roasted Vegetables: Guess what? This salad is a great do-ahead side for your next potluck or holiday dinner. Simply reheat and serve. (via The Wanderlust Kitchen)
11. Warm Salad With Kale, Brussels Sprouts and Spaghetti Squash: As much a treat for your eyes as it is for your mouth, this salad features a host of bright colors and winter flavors. (via Lazy Sunday Cooking)
13. Warm Fig Salad: Edamame, mushrooms, hazelnuts and blue cheese mingle together beautifully with figs in this protein-rich salad. Prepare yourself for an umami overload. (via Army Wife to Suburban Life)
14. Kale and Mushroom Salad With Sweet Potato Fries: Get your cruciferous veggie fix with this vibrant kale salad. The side of crispy, baked fries transform it into a meal that feels like much more of an indulgence than it actually is. (via Eva Kristina Kupper)
16. Warm Kale-Quinoa Salad With Roasted Balsamic Beets: Whole roasted baby beets will elicit oohs and ahhs from everyone around the dinner table. Ideal served alongside a lovely roast, this salad combines veggies and starch into one gorgeous side. (via The First Mess)
18. Warm Pear Stuffed with Blue Cheese, Baby Spinach and Walnut Salad: A bed of baby spinach is the best base for a baked pear stuffed with blue cheese, chopped walnuts and a honey-balsamic vinaigrette to rest upon. Talk about an elegant first course. (via My Cape Cod Kitchen)
What tricks do you have up your sleeve for making salads winter-ready? Let us know below!