12 Makeup Faves You Didn’t Know Were on YouTube
YouTube is our digital BFF for showing us what’s hot in the beauty and hair world and how to make it work for us. From cute everyday looks to minimal or completely bold looks — along with many tips and tricks for specific products — these channels have everything you need to look your best. We’re totally sure that you’re going to find something new to add to that makeup arsenal of yours. Just be sure to subscribe to their channels to stay current with their latest and greatest.
2. Tarte: Still trying to achieve the perfect face contour? Tarte has you covered. You can also check them out for quick beauty tips on using their products for blending and achieving that perfect winged eyeliner.
3. Urban Decay: We all know the Naked Palette is part of every woman’s makeup essentials, and sometimes it can be hard to try things outside of our comfortable, everyday look. Urban Decay’s channel walks you through many great, out-of-the-box day and night looks for you to rock on the daily.
4. MAC: Want to add some va-va-voom to your night looks? MAC’s Instant Artistry playlist guides you through applying tricky colored eyeliners, dual-toned lip colors and more. We love checking out their channel to spark unique looks for our next night out.
5. Sephora: If you want a variety of cosmetic lines being used to create a single look, Sephora’s channel has got you, girl. If you wanted to trade out your liquid eyeliner for gel, their videos will recommend a few good ones to start out with, and they’ll give you a tutorial on how to use ’em.
6. Bobbi Brown: Not sure where to start when it comes to makeup? No problem! Bobbi Brown teaches you all you need to know about the basics and gives you all the insider secrets. And while you’re on Bobbi’s channel, be sure to check out the #PrettyPowerful playlist that was inspired by a quote from Bobbi herself: “I believe that all women are pretty without makeup, but with the right makeup can be pretty powerful.” Dang, Bobbi! Talk about promoting that #GIRLBOSS energy.
7. Anastasia Beverly Hills: If you want to up your eyebrow game, Anastasia is known for their brow pencils and gels. On their channel, you can learn how to make your eyebrows on fleek. Whether you want them bold or more subtle, you can watch their five minute tutorials, and voila! You’re a brow wiz.
8. Shiseido: Shiseido is all about keeping your skin looking fresh and clean with or without makeup. Their Age-Defying skincare line has gotten great reviews, and you can learn more about the science of their products and other skin care and makeup lines on their channel.
9. bareMinerals: If you have very sensitive skin or don’t like to wear heavy makeup, bareMinerals has what you’re looking for in a cosmetics brand. On their channel, you can find videos of what products are on their Hot List and you can see what brushes you’re going to need. They’ve also got great tutorials, like this festival-look video.
10. Make Up For Ever: We love the Pro Makeup Artist Interviews playlist on this channel because it give us so much insight about everyday application methods, tips and tricks for contouring and highlighting and everything else we struggle with in the makeup world. It’s also awesome to hear all the advice from actual professional makeup artists and see what their all-time favorite products are.
11. NARS: NARS just came out with their All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation, and you can get all the deets (in addition to their wide variety of everyday eye looks) on their YouTube channel. Be sure to subscribe to stay updated with their latest!
12. Too Faced: Check out Two Faced’s channel for one-of-a-kind makeup tutorials by other beauty guru sensations. Using the hashtag #OwnYourPretty, they are all about encouraging women to get creative with their makeup and be confident with their unique looks. The channel also has the latest about new brushes, powders and palettes for you to #OwnYourPretty.
Which channels did you add to your list on YouTube? Did any inspire you? Let us know in the comments!