7 YouTube Workouts That Will Help Heal Your Sport Injury
Injuries and chronic pain are two of the BIGGEST bummers when it comes to training for one of the coolest races in the world, having finally hit your groove in the free-weights area at the gym or completing a hardcore new circuit training workout. Though coming back from tough times definitely isn’t easy, we rounded up seven amazing YouTube videos that you can stream from anywhere to strengthen your bod after a handful of common injuries. In just a few minutes each day, you can start to ease the pain and become stronger than you were yesterday. Get it, girl!
1. Best Ankle Rehabilitation Exercises for Those Recovering from an Ankle Injury: Sprained ankles happen pretty often, but don’t let yours get you down. With the right amount of rest and easy strengthening exercises like the ones this vid perfectly demonstrates, you’ll be back on course in no time. (via FlexWell)
2. Six Exercises to Strengthen Your Back: Lower back pain is super common, especially for those of us who sit alllll day long. Whether you have a specific injury or general soreness that’s holding you back, these easy yoga exercises will help you stretch and strengthen. (via POPSUGARFitness)
3. Shoulder Strengthening Exercises With Dr. Jo: It’s crazy to think about how often you use your shoulders, and it’s not usually obvious until you’re suffering from pain. To fix what you’re feeling, snap up a lightweight resistance band and stream this easy-to-follow short video. (via AskDrJo)
4. How to Strengthen a Broken Elbow: Though this amazing video is for a broken elbow, it’ll work wonders for sore and fatigued elbows too. Only a minute long, it boasts a few key strengthening exercises that promise to increase your range of motion. Serena Williams would be proud. (via LIVESTRONG.COM)
5. Hip Stretches for Pain Relief: Tight hip flexors? General hip pain? Try these straightforward pigeon stretches from Asha, a charismatic and soothing yogi. Designed to open up your hips, the series of stretches will increase your flexibility while easing your pain and helping you become even stronger. (via Yoga House)
6. Strengthening Your Wrist With Yoga: Learn proper arm alignment from yogis who know exactly how to keep your wrists safe and strong. Though these specific, short exercises are designed for yoga poses, they’ll feel amazing on your hands. An added bonus: Strong wrists will help you prevent future injuries too. (via eHowFitness)
7. Pilates for Knees: Did you know that knee pain is deeply connected to your pelvis and hips? Neither did we! In this smart vid, Jessica works to strengthen several body parts at once, all of which will help minimize existing pain while improving the strength in your knees. A longer vid, this 12-minute session will also shape your thighs, hamstrings, quads and glutes for overall body balance and stability. (via Jessica Valant Pilates)
Will you try one of these videos to help you recover? Let us know how it works for you @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Getty)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)