Fall may be drawing to a close, but that doesn’t mean you should pack away all your apple and pumpkin recipes just yet. Before we bid adieu to autumn, why not bake a cake as one last celebration of the season? Each of these 18 apple-cake recipes packs a ton of fresh-from-the-orchard flavor into every bite and are definitely worthy of year-round and fall entertaining alike.
5. German Apple Cake: Don’t let the gorgeous fan of apple slices on top fool ya. Requiring no speciality equipment to whip up (or utensils to eat, for that matter), this apple cake couldn’t be easier to conquer. (via The Little Epicurean)
6. Buttermilk Cake, Brie Whipped Frosting With Spiced Apples: A glass of wine is an ideal pairing with this out-of-the-ordinary, brie-frosted cake. (via Not Just Baked)
10. Rustic Apple Cake (Vegan, Gluten-Free): This richly flavored, dense-in-a-good-way cake, featuring a blend of hazelnuts and alternative grains, is at once familiar and beyond compare. (via Sweet Kabocha)
11. Apple Spice Cupcakes: Cider and shredded apples team up in the batter of these itty bitty cupcakes topped with a tempting swirl of cinnamon-brown sugar frosting. (via Dinners, Dinners and Desserts)
13. New England Apple Cider Cake: With apple cider baked into the cake and starring in the creamy sauce drizzled on top, you know each square has to be good. Using tart Granny Smith apples helps keep the sweetness levels in check. (via A Family Feast)
15. Sunken Apple Cake With Caramelized Walnuts and Calvados: Hidden beneath sliced caramelized apples, you’ll find a tempting candied walnut-studded cake. (via Fork and Flower)
16. Apple Kuchen With Hot Cream Sauce: Simply slipping apple slices vertically into the batter transforms this cake into a total showstopper. And it doesn’t end there. The flavor is equally swoon-worthy, with or without a pour of warm cream sauce over top. (via Tartine and Apron Strings)
How do plan on celebrating the end of fall? Let’s talk about our favorite ways to transition from season to season below.