21 Marvelous Maple Syrup Recipes
Maple syrup and your weekend waffles may go way back, but there’s way more to this sappy stuff than that. It also makes a fantastic refined sugar replacement in desserts and flavor enhancer for everything from braised chard to winter squash. Next time you’re out, pick up a bottle of the pure stuff to make one of these 21 marvelous maple syrup recipes — they have fall and winter enjoyment written all over them!
1. No-Bake Chewy Dark Chocolate Granola Bars: These no-bake vegan bars are the best of both worlds — rich enough to enjoy for dessert, yet healthy enough to nibble on with your morning coffee. (via Fork Knife Swoon)
4. Churros With Maple Glaze: Churros are delicious enough rolled in cinnamon sugar alone, but when you add a maple syrup glaze to the mix, talk about making them absolutely irresistible. (via To Food With Love)
7. Rosemary-Peach Maple Leaf Cocktail: Think of this cocktail as a whiskey sour that spent some time in Vermont and Georgia. Muddled peaches and rosemary are shaken together with lemon juice, booze and a rosemary-maple simple syrup to create a perfect fall-meets-summer concoction. (via Bojon Gourmet)
11. Spiced Maple and Black Sesame Walnuts: Snack on these tasty home-roasted nuts on their own, or serve them up alongside a selection of cheeses at your next tasting. Either way, they’ll surely impress. (via Chew Town)
12. Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Bacon + Toasted Hazelnuts: Maple adds a touch of sweetness to the mix, enhancing the flavor of already sort-of-sweet caramelized Brussels sprouts further. Of course, crumbled bacon and toasted nuts pull their weight in the flavor-enhancing department as well. (via Ambitious Kitchen)
16. Fried Egg on Toast With Smoked Paprika and Maple Chard: Maple and smoked paprika do wonderful things for quickly braised chard. Served atop buttered toast with a runny-yolked fried egg, cherry tomatoes and a sprinkle of cheese, breakfast for one has never looked so good. (via The Kitchen Paper)
17. Smokey Kabocha Black Bean Chili: You’ll love this spicy, smokey vegetarian chili packed with sweet maple flavor and winter squash. A few cupfuls of IPA add an interesting hoppy contrast; another great way to enjoy beer in your dinner. (via Verily)
19. Crispy Corn-Potato Cakes With Kickin’ Maple Butter: This isn’t your usual spreadable butter. Instead, it’s warmed with maple syrup and hot sauce to create a fantastic drizzle for sweet-savory fritters. (via JJ Begonia)
21. Maple and Mustard Glazed Chicken: Transform boring chicken breasts into something worth writing home about with a simple whole grain mustard and maple glaze. Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes roast alongside, making this an easy, well-balanced meal to whip up on busy nights. (via Savory Nothings)
Tell us, how do you like to use maple syrup outside of the breakfast table?