15 Brilliant Brie Recipes for Fromage Fanatics
As awesome as a nice wedge of cheese and crackers paired with a glass of wine can be, our inner fromage fanatic sometimes wants more. This roundup is just the ticket, showcasing 15 recipes that put brie to use in every course from breakfast to dessert. After enjoying all of this triple-crème goodness you might be in the mood for something lighter; don’t worry, we have you covered there, too!
4. Cranberry, Butternut and Brussels Sprout Brie Skillet Nachos: We’d totally make these skillet nachos as a low-key-yet-classy app for fall entertaining. (via Half Baked Harvest)
5. Brie-Stuffed Soft Pretzels with Rosemary Sea Salt: Cheese and soft pretzels are a natural coupling, but the melty brie stuffed within makes these rosemary-scented twists irresistible. (via Port and Fin)
6. Brie, Apple and Honey Tartlets with Brown Sugar Walnuts and Lavender: These two-bite tarts have a ton of good stuff going for them — the earthy, sweet, tart, nutty and slightly floral flavors work together beautifully. (via Picture-Perfect Meals)
10. Spinach and Artichoke Corn Fritters with Brie and Sweet Honey Jalapeño Cream: A dollop of spicy-sweet brie crema on top of these veggie-packed fritters kicks things up a notch (or twelve). (via Half Baked Harvest)
11. Brie and Mushroom Strata: Your family is sure to swoon over this savory Italian bread pudding — throw it together the night before for a terrific fuss-free breakfast in the morning. (via The Kitchn)
13. Brie and Bacon Piadina, with Balsamic Fig and Onion Marmalade: This pizza-meets-sandwich-meets-salad sounds simply irresistible! (via Cilantropist)
15. Fromage Fort: Leftover cheese may not be a thing that fromage fanatics have to contend with often, but the fromage fort is the solution if you ever find yourself with a little bit of this and that in your fridge. Here, equal parts brie, gruyere, blue and goat cheese are combined with garlic, chives and wine to create an irresistible spread. (via Smitten Kitchen)
Do you enjoy brie best on its own or as part of a dish? Let’s talk all things cheesy in the comments.
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!