Let’s be honest, even with outdoor activities galore, keeping summer dates interesting can be hard to do. Whether you’re in a committed relationship or still haven’t had the “define the relationship” talk, making sure date night doesn’t always include either a Netflix-binge or your go-to romantic bar takes some serious work. But for fitness lovers, who says your date night can’t mix in a little bit of what you already love? For the guys and girls who love to break a sweat, we’ve pulled together 10 dates that will keep your body and heart engaged.
1. Hit the water: What better way to test your skills than with an afternoon out on the water in a two-person kayak? You’ll have to work together to get where you want to go, but you’ll also have plenty of distraction-free time to get to know one another better. And after you’re back on solid ground, you’ll feel super proud of your teamwork.
2. Go paintballing: Get your heart pumping for reasons other than seeing your boo. Paintballing is a fun way to incorporate a little friendly competition while basically getting in a killer HIIT workout at the same time. Plus, we know you’ve always wanted to reenact that perfect Heath Ledger/Julia Stiles day date in 10 Things I Hate About You.
3. Climb some rocks: There are some seriously cool indoor rock climbing gyms around the country. So whether you’re an experienced rock climber or first-timer, grab your date and hit the gym for a seriously amazing full-body workout. Plus the view from below while you spot your date won’t be so bad either. ;)
4. Dance the night away: You break a mad sweat in your fave group dance classes like Zumba and BollyX, so why not take that focus back to the ballroom with just you and your sweetie? Try something upbeat, like the salsa or tango to get your heart rate up and your feet moving.
5. Jump around: Travel back in time to when you were a kid and jumping around on a trampoline all day was the definition of #goals. Thanks to places like Sky Zone Indoor Trampoline Park, those dreams don’t have to die. Instead, transform them into one seriously fun, seriously sweaty date night.
6. Take a hike: We’re in peak outdoor activity season, so why not take advantage of what nature has to offer and spend the day on a long hike. Pack some snacks, see who can take the best selfie at the top and make an entire afternoon out of it. Bonus: Mother Nature is free.
7. Try stand up paddle boarding (SUP): If you’re looking for a killer arm AND leg workout, this trendy new water sport is taking over the country’s lakes, rivers and oceans. And the views? Top notch.
8. Host a cornhole tournament: Why keep the fit workouts all to yourselves? Set up cornhole in your backyard and invite your friends to what’s sure to be the best group date of the year.
9. Swing by the golf course: Want to get a light workout in with breaking a major sweat? Hit the sticks and head for your local three-par golf course. These courses aren’t made for the pros, so if one of you isn’t used to the sport, you won’t have to worry about holding up other players. Skip the cart and walk the course to burn some bonus calories too.
10. Enjoy a couple’s massage: If you’re both fitness lovers already, you know the importance of taking care of your muscles post-workout. A couple’s massage is the perfect way for you and your boo to take advantage of some much-needed R&R.
Tweet us your favorite fitness date @BritandCo!
(Photos via Getty)