The aisle is basically your own personal catwalk, so best believe you’ll be bringing your A-game to your wedding day look. And you certainly don’t have to drop bank for a custom couture gown to pull that off. If you’re looking to blaze new sartorial trails, or simply curate an “I do” ensemble that lives up to your haute standards (non-traditional wedding dress and all), the fall 2016 runway is the place to look. Beyond OMG-worthy wedding dress trends that any It girl would swoon over, there are plenty of show-stopping accessories to take your getup to the next level. Below, we’ve pulled some of our favorite trends that will be making big waves this fall. Scroll on for 10 must-try looks that are straight-up bridal bliss.
1. Kaviar Gauche Airy Iris Bustier Dress ($4,291): Hello, gorgeous. Bridal is taking a walk on the wild side — in a totally subtle way — for fall 2016, with peekaboo panels, sheer skirts and illusion everything ruling supreme. While the word “scandalous” may come to mind, these gorgeous gowns are anything but, with artful execution keeping designs from entering into OTT territory. Case in point: this ethereal A-line number from Kaviar Gauche. The only thing missing? A pair of killer heels that will peep through those layers of airy tulle.
Tiaras and Intricate Headpieces
2. Twigs & Honey Regal Floral Tiara ($230): Veils are timeless, but sometimes you just need something with a little extra pizzazz. Enter quirky, scene-stealing add-ons like crystal-encrusted tiaras and gilded headpieces with lavish allure. These regal beauties are nothing like the gaudy, dated toppers from days of old (ahem, the ‘80s) — with intricate embellishments and contemporary design, like this fancy floral tiara, they’re an It-girl-approved alternative to a veil. Not sure you want to totally part ways with tradition? Rock a veil for your “I dos,” then switch things up for the reception or after party.
3. Vince Camuto Vianna Block Heel Wraparound Ankle Tie Sandal ($119): Gold and glitz tend to go hand-in-hand with billowy white gowns, but if your daily uniform is, shall we say, on the more minimalist side, opting for all-black accessories is totally fair game. Fashion faux pas or bad omen they are not — black accessories are actually an extremely chic and practical option that are guaranteed to stand the test of time. These lace-up stunners? Yeah — you’ll be whipping these bad boys out on the regular, long after the after-after party.
4. Delphine Manivet Paulin Gown ($3,374): Say sayonara to ‘70s style — bridal is taking the throwback trend WAY back this season with high ruffled necklines, bell sleeves, empire waistlines and ethereal sheaths that exude Edwardian and Victorian-era elegance. Take the trend to the next level by teaming this French-girl-chic sheath with a lace-trimmed cathedral-length veil and a simple bouquet.
5. Needle & Thread Bridal Cropped Embellished Tulle Cape ($450): Instead of heading straight for your jewelry box to infuse your wedding day look with a serious dose of panache, opt for a glitzy cape or cover-up that allows you to switch up your getup from ceremony to reception. This crystal-embellished beauty is just the thing to jazz up understated silhouettes and classic styles — not to mention it’ll provide that little bit of extra coverage a traditional church ceremony (and Grandma) commands.
6. Wtoo by Watters Almira Skirt ($810): Investing in two dresses isn’t always an option, but that’s the beauty of an overskirt. Team a sleek, streamlined gown, or even a short cocktail stunner, with a full, separate skirt for the ceremony to give your look a more formal feel, then for the reception, ditch the extra layer, let your hair down and toss on a statement ear cuff for a ready-to-partay look.
7. Jenny Yoo Sophia Gown in Arielle Chiffon Print ($1,200): If ivory isn’t your thing and you aren’t tickled pink by the idea of donning blush, watercolors and floral prints are the perfect alternative for fashion-forward brides to be. The muted colors keep your bridal look feeling elegant rather than over-the-top, while still adding an element of visual intrigue. This flowery gown would look downright dreamy with a lush flower crown, romantic beachy waves and a cascading bouquet of dramatic, wild blooms.
8. Rime Arodaky Flamengo ($782): Big white dress? Pass. Getting dolled up — at least in a dress — just isn’t your thing, and that’s totally cool. Bridal jumpsuits are on the rise, offering a cool-girl alternative in lieu of more traditional options. Dress it up with one-of-kind jewelry, sleek pumps and an OMG-worthy cover-up that’s sure to go down in matrimonial history.
9. Reformation Gemini Two Piece ($488): Overskirts aren’t the only way to keep your bridal look feeling fresh this fall. A crop top makes a killer addition to your special day, whether you rock one solo over a streamlined satin or over-the-top organza skirt, or pop it on top of a simple sheath gown.
10. Miu Miu Ruffled Silk-Organza, Lace and Cady Mini Dress ($2,660): You don’t have to reserve that LWD solely for pre- and post-wedding events: It can be the main attraction too. The Fall 2016 shows all pointed toward shorter hemlines as the new “I do” ideal — and that’s whether you’re planning a blowout bash or an intimate city hall affair. Feeling extra daring? Ditch the formal gown and scoop up a couple playfully pint-sized dresses for every portion of your celebration, then go all-out with the fun extras (think: glitzy headpieces, funky clutches and Insta-worthy steppers).
Looking for more trend-forward wedding looks? Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.