You’ve likely noticed that there has been a resurgence of that elementary school subject we had to master before computers were a thing. That’s right, handwriting is back in action, and those who were gifted with the ability to scribe a flawless capital letter G (and celebrate national handwriting day every year) are showing off their skills through hand-lettered masterpieces. What better way to change up your gallery wall than with some framed hand lettering? There are loads of incredible letterers who are selling their work, so you can create a salon wall filled with your favorites or with your own hand-lettered designs.
Not so sure about making your own? Even if you write yourself a note and hours later can’t read your own chicken scratch, there is still hope. In fact, we have an exciting challenge for you. Here at B+C we are in the midst of a 50 Days of Lettering challenge. Practice makes perfect, after all, so why not find that perfect grip on your favorite pen and make a page filled with P’s and Q’s until your letters become a work of art. The beauty of this challenge is that it’s NOT about the lettering being perfect. It’s about committing to putting pen to paper every day. And you know what? If every day is not your jam, do it as much as you can. Who knows, you might find yourself with a new business, hobby or at the very least, some legible handwriting ;) Read on for some inspiration and amazing lettering you can put on your walls at home.
1. Jay Roeder Yes ($10): Not all hand-lettered work has to be a lengthy quote. A single word counts, and when there is a donut involved, we give it an A+.
2. Dawn Nicole Designs Hand-Lettered You Are My Sunshine Print (Free Printable): If you need some inspiration, take a look at Nicole’s blog, and you’ll see snippets of this piece being created. The print is also available in black on white.
3. ADE Prints Boss Lady Canvas ($20): This print speaks to the #girlboss in us, and we love the gold and pink combo.
4. Posterama Albert Camus Invincible Summer Poster ($79): Take your hand-lettered work and digitize it to create a professional poster.
5. Grow Creative Shop Have an Adventure Today ($18): If you love watercolor, you’ll love the painterly look of this beauty.
6. Amanda Harrison Design Maybe She Was a Mermaid ($36): Add a splotch of color in the background of your lettered masterpiece. And better yet, hang all of your work from clipboards to add a spin to your salon wall.
7. Karli Ingersoll Beautiful ($20): This is another great digitized version of a hand-lettered piece. We love the thin lines and floral flair.
8. The Happy Pencil Time for Tea & Cake ($27): This poster combines flowy letters with some illustrated script. And there’s cake, so of course we want it.
9. Planeta 444 Yes and More Yes ($5): We couldn’t say it better ourselves. We might even add another “Yes.”
10. Ali Makes Things Creative Courage Art Print ($40): The message in this one really resonates with us. Put this on your wall and you’ll constantly be encouraged to pick up a pen and letter!
11. Simply Jessica Marie Chai Love You a Latte Art Print ($25+): For the pun lover. If you’re lost for words and don’t know what to write, take note from this artist and get punning.
12. Jessica Hische Ampersand ($25): Jessica Hische is a lettering master, so take note.
13. Casey Ligon The Beatles — Here Comes the Sun ($24): This poster comes from an original hand-lettered chalk mural. If you love the chalk-lettered look, get creative on a chalkboard, photograph your work and then scan it in to print.
14. Lisa Congdon Happiness Nathaniel Hawthorne Quote ($18): Another icon in her field, Lisa Congdon’s work is a must-have for your lettering gallery wall. We love the simplicity of her lettering. Not all lettering has to flow — sans serif letters are a-okay.
What have you lettered lately? Share your artwork with us on Instagram + use the hashtag #iamcreative!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.