It seems like you can’t turn a page or swipe your screen without seeing a new Harry Potter update. It only makes sense, as Potter Heads are still buzzing from the summer’s release of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. And now we have everything from Harry Potter makeup brushes to IMAX Screenings of all eight of the Harry Potter movies. Of course, it’s all building up to the November 18 release of the latest film in the wizarding world, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. But before you buy your tickets, light up your wands and hop on your Nimbus 2017 broomstick, you’ll want to create some magical mischief by hosting your own Harry Potter Binge-a-thon — and we’ve got the deets on how to pull it off.
1. Curse-Free Cookies: If you can’t make it to an IMAX screening of all the original HP films before Fantastic Beasts comes to life, don’t worry! The upside about hosting a viewing party at your home is that you can create your own magical platters of food, including cute cutout cookies that no wands have tampered with. (via Catch My Party)
2. DIY Hogwarts House Notebooks: It’s no secret JK Rowling links all magical worlds together by dropping subtle clues throughout her books and movies. You’ll want to take notes when re-watching the original films to see if you can capture small details that may appear in the Fantastic Beasts film. Taking notes in your Hogwarts House colors is a given, of course. (via Polka Dot Chair)
3. House Pride: Display your school spirit while you’re brewing the butterbeer and heating up the DVD player by hanging the four Hogwarts House banners above your couch or TV. (via Kara’s Party Ideas)
4. Tricks and Treats: Snacks are a given when hosting your own HP binge-a-thon. In the spirit of HP, get a bit witch-crafty when displaying your treats. Using small brooms as kabob sticks, place a few mini donuts through the broom handle. You’re bound to get hungry whenever a Great Hall feast scene comes on. (via Catch My Party)
5. Fantastic Knits: Naturally, you’ll also want to dress festively when hosting your soiree. Remember the knit sweaters Mrs. Weasley made for all her kids? Well, why not take note from our favorite wizard mum and make your own! (via Alicia Sivert)
6. Hogwarts House Friendship Bracelet: If you have Hogwarts school spirit, let’s hear it! How cute would it be to DIY Gryffindor and Slytherin color bracelets? Plus, you can totally wear them to the premiere on November 18. (via Harry Potter Party)
7. Butterbeer Popcorn: When you’re up to magical mischief, you’re bound to stumble across something enchanting. Butterbeer popcorn certainly sounds like just that. Before you pop in the fourth movie of your eight-movie binge-a-thon, heat up the kettle and make this tasty treat. (via An Edible Mosaic)
8. Potter Props: When hosting an epic HP party, you’ll need proof to show all your muggle friends that it did go down. Creating a ”Have You Seen This Wizard” photo prop is perfect for snapping some fun pics and posting them to Instagram and Twitter. We bet you get like 1,000 likes. (via Kara’s Party Ideas)
9. You’re a Wizard!: Secretly, we all feel a bit like Harry did when he was living in his aunt and uncle’s cupboard under the stairs. You know the feeling of wanting a bit more out of life, hoping that something spellbinding will happen. Tonight is the night to pull out all the magical stops and create a Hogwarts letter for each one of your guests. It will be a night no one forgets. (via Craftster Chic)
10. Enchanted Ceiling: There are countless enchantments that have occurred throughout the Harry Potter films, but no one can forget the flying keys from the original movie. Recreate the flying key scene by bewitching your own craft skills and string winged keys with clear fishing wire from your own ceiling. (via Kara’s Party Ideas)
11. Butterbeer (Butterscotch) Hot Chocolate: Nothing helps you ease into the first half of the two-part series finale of the Harry Potter films than a butterscotch hot chocolate. While a cute cauldron-like mug makes this drink out of the muggle world, the star sprinkles make us happier than any Felix Felicis potion could ever do! (via Bakingdom)
12. Pumpkin Cheesecake Pasties: Yum. Who can host an HP marathon and not make pumpkin cheesecake pasties? These cakes are a staple when you’re riding the Hogwarts’ Express to school and back home again. Bring your Invisibility Cloak to save some for later. (via Bakingdom)
13. Tie Guys: Just for kicks, have a few House theme ties on the coffee table for you and your guests to wear while partying the night away. These ties make for a quick removal in case a House-against-House wizard duel breaks out. (via Kara’s Party Ideas)
14. Copycat Pumpkin Juice Recipe: End the evening with a nightcap — a pumpkin juice nightcap, that is. Aside from butterbeer, pumpkin juice is the Potter drink of choice. Offer your guests some sips before they apparate out of there. (via Food in Literature)
Still in search of magical ways to host your Harry Potter launch party? Follow us on Pinterest for more magical + creative HP inspo.