How sweet it is! Dessert is one of our favorite parts of the holidays, but with travel and parties aplenty it can be hard to find time to bake. If you’re feeling a little oven-shy or just wonder why those cookies you pop in the oven always come out blacker than golden brown, maybe it’s time to try something new! We’ve found 26 stellar “no-bake” recipes that will satisfy even the pickiest of friends and a few recipes for tricky dietary restrictions, like vegan! If you’re still craving something sweet after reading about these delectable treats try making our No-Bake Peanut Butter and Jelly Pie or our adorable No-Bake Grammy Bon Bons.
1. Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies: a staple around the holidays, these cookies require one pot and a stove top. These cookies contain dangerously delicious amounts of peanut butter and chocolate, and for a different texture, try making them with Crunchy peanut butter. (via Foodista)
3. Thin Mint Cookies: Dreaming about Girl Scout Cookies? Satisfy your crunchy, minty craving by making your own thin mints and if you’re feeling generous, give some as gifts! (via Everyday Reading )
4. Scotcheroo Bar: This classic from Buns in My Oven is always welcome at large gatherings. Added bonus, you can make a whole pan of these treats in one batch making it a low stress contribution. (via Mom’s Galley)
13. Oreo Truffles: How do dense and delicious little Oreo truffles sound to you? We’re certainly excited about this finger friendly truffle. (via Bakerella)
14. S’More Pie: If you tried our S’More pie and loved it, you’ll love this version as well! It does take longer to make but maybe you could whip up both and have a blind tasting… (via Brown Eyed Baker)
21. Homemade Tootsie Rolls: Looking for a sweet gift for that candy lover in your life or maybe just trying to find an easy item to contribute to that holiday party? Look no further! (via Sprinkle Bakes)
Veronica Thompson works at a San Francisco tech startup dealing with interactive book design. In her spare time, she loves to cook and DIY gifts for family and friends.
Find Veronica Thompson at http://foodiebynight.com.