Rose quartz and serenity go together better than PB + J, so it’s no surprise that Pantone has chosen this lovely pair to be together forever — well, for all of 2016, at least. If you’re obsessing with this duo the way we are, then you’re probably planning your wedding around it (who wouldn’t?). From signature drinks to wedding sweets and bridesmaid dresses, there are so many beautiful and thoughtful ways to add rose quartz and serenity to your special day. Not sure where to start? Here are 14 ways to include everyone’s favorite new colors and add a bit of whimsy and a feminine touch to your Wedding day.
1. Table Decor: For the tablescapes, add a chic and modern twist by mixing clear chairs with a smokey pale blue tablecloth and blush blooms. Go for peonies, roses and hydrangeas to add a totally gorgeous structure. The end result feels equal parts fresh, feminine and timeless. (via O’Malley Photographers / Style Me Pretty)
2. Centerpieces: Instead of traditional table numbers, try this gorgeous ampersand centerpiece in the prettiest rose quartz color. Pair it with a single peony (our favorite!) and serenity-colored vases for a totally adorable look. Want more? Swap the colors of the peonies and vase for a mix of colors. (via Julie Lim / Southern Weddings)
3. Invitations and Stationery: Whether you’re using stationery to ask your #squad to stand by your side, giving your guests deets to your nuptials or thanking them for sharing this special day with you, adding rose quartz and serenity to your paper goods is the ultimate way to add color to your wedding. (via Elegant Wedding Invites)
4. Reception Flowers: You can’t go wrong with a rose and blue flower combo to decorate throughout the reception area. The vibrant wash of pink will add a feminine touch to your reception while also keeping it super fresh. These blooms will create a picture-perfect backdrop you won’t regret. (via Joseba Sandoval / Style Me Pretty)
5. Plates and Napkins: This feminine and fabulous plate and napkin setting will be the punch of of the party! Add a bit of modern and brightness by using a bold color like orange on your forks and knives — something you can totally DIY. The end result will be a whole lot of fun. (via Braedon Flynn / Southern Weddings)
6. Wedding Cake: Though this watercolor cake might *almost* too pretty to eat, we are totally drawn to its ombre look. The colors are so serene and subtle, yet elegant and fun, which makes it totally wedding-worthy. Plus, the blush ranunculus topper is the icing on the cake — pun intended. (via Purple Tree / Style Me Pretty)
7. Bride’s Shoes: For your “something blue,” let these light blue cuties lead your way down the aisle. The streamlined and oh-so chic silhouette will look absolutely beautiful with a floor-length princess gown but can also be dressed down with a fun jumpsuit for the more modern bride. (via Isabelle Selby Photography / Style Me Pretty)
8. Groomsmen Wear: And who says the bride is the only one to be stylish? If you’re looking to shake things up, get the guys to pull out their seersucker suits for your special day. The light shades of blue will add a boost of color to your bridal party. (via Jessica Lorren / Southern Weddings)
9. Bridesmaid Dresses in Serenity: A relaxing, ethereal color, serenity will definitely be dominating the bridesmaids dresses this year. Your girls will fall in love with this gorgeous color and they’ll want to wear their dress over and over again. Use a blush bouquet to complete the look. (via Sylvie Gil Photography / Style Me Pretty)
10. Bridesmaid Dresses in Rose Quartz: For the blushing bride, we wouldn’t expect anything less than gorgeous gowns that are chock-full of color for her favorite gals. This refreshing color is not only flattering on any skin type, it’s also the perfect pop of pink for any spring wedding! (via Callie Davis Of Nancy Ray Photography / Style Me Pretty)
11. Ceremony Backdrop: Darker versions of Pantone’s colors of the year are perfect if you want something bolder and there’s no better place to add bold than on the ceremony backdrop. It’ll provide a soothing background for warm floral tones and create a whimsical and earthy wedding. (via Sarah McKenzie / Southern Weddings)
12. Wedding Favors: If you’re looking for a totally adorable but more subtle way to add the color of the year to your wedding, simply tie a bow on your wedding favors. You can go with just one color or mix and match ribbons for a color combo. (via Amy Arrington Photography / Southern Weddings)
13. Dessert: Macarons are a favorite at any event, so it’s no surprise that we’re including them here. Request your favorite baker to make them in pretty pink and blues to make your wedding dessert table Pantone-filled. And if you’re in the mood to give these a try yourself, we have quite a few macaron recipes for you. (via White Loft Studio / Style Me Pretty)
14. Paper Straws: Your signature drink isn’t the only place where you can add these beautiful colors. These charming paper straws add a colorful touch to your wedding bar, plus they are totally bio-degradable. (via Millie Holloman Photography / Southern Weddings)
How will you use Pantone’s colors of the year for your nuptials? Tweet us @Britandco and let us know!