Ramen noodles have been a pantry staple of college kids for years, and for good reason (they’re dirt cheap!). Just because you’re out of college doesn’t mean you have to put your ramen days behind you. You’re probably in the midst of planning your financial future, and it doesn’t get much more cost-effective than that square package of noodles. There are plenty of ways to upgrade dorm food, including using your economy-sized box of ramen in out-of-the-ordinary dishes. Whether you’re slurping your way through gourmet ramen soup recipes or using the noodles as a burger bun, there’s a plethora of ways you can transform your ramen. Keep reading for 15 delicious ways to hack your ramen noodles like the adult you are.
1. 30 Minute Chicken Ramen With Miso Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Ginger Butter: Ramen isn’t known for being the healthiest of foods. The good news is, once you toss that seasoning packet that comes with them, the guilt level goes way down. Add in shredded chicken, flavorful roasted Brussels sprouts and zesty ginger butter, and you’re well on your way to ramen reform. (via Half Baked Harvest)
2. Asian Ramen Salad: This salad tops kale and cabbage with toasted ramen noodles for extra crunch. Homemade sesame dressing and spicy serrano peppers give it an extra kick. You *definitely* need to try this one for your next barbecue. (via The Wicked Noodle)
3. Avocado & Cherry Tomato Ramen Noodle Bowl With Lemon Basil Vinaigrette: There’s no reason not to treat ramen like you would any other pasta. Brighten up your lunch or dinner with this lemony noodle bowl that cooks up in a snap. (via Soup Addict)
4. Barbecue Chicken Ramen Noodle Bowls: A slurp-worthy soup that’s flavored with barbecue sauce almost sounds too good to be true. This noodle bowl offers just that, AND it’s ready in 10 minutes flat. (via The Seasoned Mom)
5. Crockpot Caramelized Pork Ramen Noodle Soup With Curry Roasted Acorn Squash: When you really want to take your ramen experience to the next level, this rich and OTT crockpot soup will fit the bill. Roasted acorn squash and a soft-boiled egg add an extra luxe feel to the dish. (via Half Baked Harvest)
7. Mini Poke Ramen Cups: These tiny ramen cups are made in muffin tins, which means they’re great for entertaining. If you’re not comfortable making a sushi roll, this is a great alternative that doubles as a conversation starter. (via Cravings in Amsterdam)
8. Spicy Ramen Noodle Macaroni and Cheese: Pepperjack cheese and sriracha lend a subtle spiciness to this creamy mac and cheese. Omit the heat and this will be a dish the kids will go crazy for. (via The Spice Kit Recipes)
9. Ramen Noodle Coleslaw: Even if your cooking skills are in the novice category, you can definitely pull off this citrusy coleslaw. Aside from toasting the nuts, you don’t even have to turn on the stove, and everyone will be impressed with your creative concoction. (via Pickled Plum)
10. Ramen Noodle Salad: Cold noodle salads are the perfect lunch that all of your co-workers will pine over. Pro tip: This salad will be even better the next day, so make it ahead of time. (via Rasa Malaysia)
11. Raspberry Ramen Rocky Road: Didn’t know you could turn ramen into dessert? You most certainly can, and it’s actually delicious. Only five ingredients stand between you and the most unique rocky road you’ve ever experienced. (via The Cherished Bite)
12. Ramen Noodle Salmon Salad: Nothing classes up a dish like a simple roasted salmon filet. In addition to the salmon and ramen, this salad calls for a pre-made Asian salad mix, making it healthy, quick and full of flavor. (via Playin’ With My Food)
13. Spicy Shrimp and Saucy Guacamole Ramen Noodle Bowl: If Chipotle starts selling ramen noodle bowls like this one, we may consider reviving our addiction. Until then, this ramen noodle bowl with spicy shrimp and guacamole needs to be in your regular dinner rotation. (via Soup Addict)
15. Thai Ramen Noodle Chicken Soup: If you really want to cheer up someone who is under the weather, make them this soup. There’s nothing more soothing to the soul than a big bowl of chicken noodle soup, and this Thai ramen version is no exception. (via Soup Addict)
Follow us on Pinterest for more easy + delicious recipe ideas.