Have you heard about the sizzling new trend in taters? While tots are still as hot as ever, there’s a new crispy-creamy creation out there: smashed potatoes. The general rundown goes a little something like this: boil or steam some taters ’til tender, give them a little press and then pop them in a hot oven until they’re nice and crispy on the outside. These 15 flavor-packed recipes deliver all that goodness and a whole lot more to make mealtime exciting again.
1. Chorizo Bacon Smashed Potato Breakfast Hash: It’ll be hard to go back to standard hash after you get a taste of this casserole that’s loaded with smashed taters, sausage, bacon and eggs. (via Recipe Tin Eats)
2. Smashed Potatoes With Chipotle Sauce: The contrast of creamy-crispy potatoes and smokey chipotle sauce is out of this world. Don’t be surprised if they steal the spotlight away from the rest of the meal. (via Thyme and Tamarind)
3. Crispy Smashed Potatoes With Avocado-Garlic Aioli (Vegan): The avocado aioli drizzled atop these potatoes is totally addictive and totally healthy. Win-win. (via Oh She Glows)
4. Smashed Sweet Potatoes With Sun-Dried Tomato Spinach Pesto: You only need five ingredients to toss together these flavor-packed sweet potatoes topped with homemade pesto. (via My Fussy Eater)
6. Sizzling Smashed Potatoes With Garlic, Dill, Curry and Smoked Paprika: There’s certainly no shortage of fab flavors enveloping these sizzling potatoes. (via Cooking Melangery)
7. Smashed Potatoes With Chimichurri Sauce: The garlic and herb flavor of chimichurri elevates these tubers and everything else you put it on. Serve these bad boys with your favorite grilled meat or tofu plus a dish of extra sauce alongside. (via Delish Knowledge)
8. Crispy Smashed Parmesan Potatoes: A coating of salty Parmesan cheese alone would be delicious enough, but these don’t just stop there. Instead, garlic, a pinch of lemon zest and a smattering of rosemary and parsley are also invited along to the party. (via The Cozy Apron)
9. Roasted Smashed Potatoes With Cilantro-Mint Chutney: Simply seasoned spuds are a natural pairing for a cooling-yet-kicky chutney that comes together in a flash. (via Farm on Plate)
11. Smashed Purple Potatoes: Add some color to the table with these purple potatoes. Pine nuts, garlic and thyme add an extra level of taste-bud-pleasing interest, both in terms of flavor and texture. (via Green Evi)
12. Roasted Smashed Potatoes With Rosemary and Preserved Lemon: The combo of woody rosemary and tangy preserved lemons will practically transport you to faraway lands with a single, tantalizing nibble. (via Relishing It)
13. BBQ Chicken Smashed Potatoes: Made with only two ingredients and simmered together in a slow cooker, the shredded BBQ chicken spooned over top couldn’t be much easier to make. Each helping is practically a complete meal. (via Cherished Bliss)
Have you experimented with smashed potatoes yet? Share your fave flavor combos below!