10 Inventive New Kickstarter Projects
It’s another rainy-turned-sunny day here in San Francisco, and we’re on the hunt for fresh inspiration. Where else to turn but our old friend Kickstarter? We’re back with a a roundup of 10 cool current projects, from LED pixel art to whiskey rocks.
1. Beverage Rox: Who says rocks are only for whiskey? This project is all about rocks for beer, wine, coffee, and yes, whiskey too. Just $14 gets you your own bag of rox.
2. Made Collection: Created with the idea of simplicity and beauty mind, items in this collection range from $35 to $230 and are largely made from discarded materials.
3. Yolkr: That’s right. Another tool for separating egg yolks from whites! We love all the different colors this comes in. Pledge $25 and get a bright red Yolkr.
4. Walhub: Want more out of that switch plate? Turn it into a caddy for all your odds and ends. Hubs start at $15.
5. 3 in 1 Cooking Tool: It’s a spatula, it’s a spoon, it’s tongs! No wait, it’s all 3! Love this as a cooking tool as well as an organization one :)
6. Idae Extreme Notebook: Like Rite in the Rain and the shower idea pad, this notebook is all about the elements. Rock it skiing, surfing, camping, etc, and you’ll never miss writing down that brilliant idea.
7. The World’s Thinnest Watch: Love the sleekness of this watch! It’s got an e-ink display housed in a single piece of stainless steel, and is just 0.80 mm thick. Amazing. $129’ll get you your very own.
8. Pixel LED Art: Pixels plus LEDS plus art? Instant win. This piece of wall art is controlled by your smartphone (just Android for now) and turns the littlest of icons and emoji into animated wall art.
9. Touchscreen Wifi Router: If you’re not familiar with the original Almond, it’s a wireless router than can be setup entirely from its built-in touchscreen – meaning no need for a computer to do all the work. The brand new Almond + is the same thing but better. It lets you control your TV, DVD player, and any other media you’ve got in the mix. Pledges start at $99.
10. Fiore: And finally, another little object that makes your light switches more interesting. Fiore is a sweet little piece that attaches to any standard light switch and can be filled with whatever you like. We love the idea of putting a mix of flowers and colorful straws and festive drink stirrers in it! A pledge of $15 gets you your very own Fiore.
Bonus! A Whale of a Stapler: Ok maybe this isn’t the most innovative or inventive project we’ve seen, but it’s too darn cute not to include.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)