14 Spooky Chic Halloween Table Setting Ideas
If you’re tired of using the same old black and orange color scheme and cheesy Halloween props for your dinner party, it may be time to upgrade your picks to include some spooky-chic table decorations. Throw in a little sparkle from a black sequin tablecloth, spruce it up with a skull full of flowers and scatter around a handful of black snakes for good measure (fake ones, of course!). Before you know it, you’ll transform your Halloween table setting into a sophisticated soiree even Morticia Addams would approve of. Scroll on for all 14 spooky-chic Halloween table decorating ideas!
2. Floral Centerpiece: Flower arrangements are a no-brainer when it comes to sprucing up surfaces. Go dark with your blooms and use a skull vase to add some Adams Family vibes to your Halloween dinner party. (via Honestly YUM)
3. Snake Plate Charger: Channel Medusa’s wicked ‘do with this plate charger made up of black snakes. No worries if you can’t find toy snakes in black — just use black spray paint. (via Kara’s Party Ideas)
5. Gothic Accents: Pair antique silver tableware with amber glassware for a table setting worthy of Morticia Addams. For a slightly romantic touch, tie black velvet ribbons around your silverware. (via Camille Styles)
6. Fang Napkin Holders: You don’t need to be a Twilight fan to appreciate this fang napkin holder. Get the look by pairing a set of white plastic fangs with a red napkin accompanied by all-black tableware. (via Food Network)
7. Black Lace Candle Holders: Rim the bottom half of clear candle holders with black lace or sequin trim for this dark romantic look. You can even use this decor hack on other clear containers like bottles or vases. (via The Sweetest Occassion)
8. Spider Table Runner: Creepy crawlers are scary year-round. So rest assured this spider table runner is enough to creep your dinner guests out. Get the look using spider stencils, black paint and a plain burlap runner. (via Brit + Co)
10. Black Bats: You can’t have a proper Halloween party without bats. So make sure to include a few on your table setting by cutting out bat silhouettes on black cardstock then placing them around the table — even between the prongs of forks. (via Stylizimo)
11. Black on Black: Break from the traditional black and orange color combo by assembling an all-black table setting with the occasional pop of gold. If you aren’t able to find Halloween props, like plastic bugs in black, you can always coat them with a matte black spray paint. (via The Jungalow)
13. Pomegranate Place Card Holder: Into Greek mythology? Then channel Persephone, the queen of the underworld, with this table setup featuring pomegranates as place card holders. Though pretty, the bright fruit plays a dark role in Persephone’s downfall. (via Kristen Booth / Green Wedding Shoes)
14. Black Snakes: Garnish the base of your wine glasses with small rubber snakes, spray painted black. If you dig a little sparkle, add black glitter while the paint is still wet for that touch of *pizzazz*. (via Kara’s Party Ideas)
Which of these spooky-chic looks will you include in your Halloween table decor? Check us out on Pinterest for more decorating ideas!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.