14 Spooky Chic Halloween Table Setting Ideas
If you’re tired of using the same old black and orange color scheme and cheesy Halloween props for your dinner party, it may be time to upgrade your picks to include some spooky-chic table decorations. Throw in a little sparkle from a black sequin tablecloth, spruce it up with a skull full of flowers and scatter around a handful of black snakes for good measure (fake ones, of course!). Before you know it, you’ll transform your Halloween table setting into a sophisticated soiree even Morticia Addams would approve of. Scroll on for all 14 spooky-chic Halloween table decorating ideas!
2. Floral Centerpiece: Flower arrangements are a no-brainer when it comes to sprucing up surfaces. Go dark with your blooms and use a skull vase to add some Adams Family vibes to your Halloween dinner party. (via Honestly YUM)
3. Snake Plate Charger: Channel Medusa’s wicked ‘do with this plate charger made up of black snakes. No worries if you can’t find toy snakes in black — just use black spray paint. (via Kara’s Party Ideas)
5. Gothic Accents: Pair antique silver tableware with amber glassware for a table setting worthy of Morticia Addams. For a slightly romantic touch, tie black velvet ribbons around your silverware. (via Camille Styles)
6. Fang Napkin Holders: You don’t need to be a Twilight fan to appreciate this fang napkin holder. Get the look by pairing a set of white plastic fangs with a red napkin accompanied by all-black tableware. (via Food Network)
7. Black Lace Candle Holders: Rim the bottom half of clear candle holders with black lace or sequin trim for this dark romantic look. You can even use this decor hack on other clear containers like bottles or vases. (via The Sweetest Occassion)
8. Spider Table Runner: Creepy crawlers are scary year-round. So rest assured this spider table runner is enough to creep your dinner guests out. Get the look using spider stencils, black paint and a plain burlap runner. (via Brit + Co)
10. Black Bats: You can’t have a proper Halloween party without bats. So make sure to include a few on your table setting by cutting out bat silhouettes on black cardstock then placing them around the table — even between the prongs of forks. (via Stylizimo)
11. Black on Black: Break from the traditional black and orange color combo by assembling an all-black table setting with the occasional pop of gold. If you aren’t able to find Halloween props, like plastic bugs in black, you can always coat them with a matte black spray paint. (via The Jungalow)
13. Pomegranate Place Card Holder: Into Greek mythology? Then channel Persephone, the queen of the underworld, with this table setup featuring pomegranates as place card holders. Though pretty, the bright fruit plays a dark role in Persephone’s downfall. (via Kristen Booth / Green Wedding Shoes)
14. Black Snakes: Garnish the base of your wine glasses with small rubber snakes, spray painted black. If you dig a little sparkle, add black glitter while the paint is still wet for that touch of *pizzazz*. (via Kara’s Party Ideas)
Which of these spooky-chic looks will you include in your Halloween table decor? Check us out on Pinterest for more decorating ideas!
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.