20 Cheap Halloween Party Ideas for a #Winning Night
Now that you’ve figured out what costume you’re wearing, it’s time to finesse the details of your Halloween get-together. To help you out, we’ve rounded up some of our favorite budget-friendly DIYs that are as easy to make as they are on the eyes ;) Learn how to whip up some seriously spooky eyeball balloons using just a marker, and set the mood with creepy crawly Halloween candles in 10 minutes or less. Whatever your party needs, these 20 cheap ‘n’ chic Halloween party ideas are here to help you out. Scroll on for all the deets!
1. DIY Halloween Chocolate Bar Printables: Make sure your candy bars are the best on the block with these fancy wrappers. Just print out these free printables and wrap them around your fave chocolate bars for an instant cool factor. (via Studio DIY)
2. DIY Eyeball Balloons: Complete your spooky-themed decor with these giant DIY eyeball balloons. Paint a bunch using round white balloons and black and neon paint markers for a creepy photo booth backdrop. (via Studio DIY / Balloon Time)
3. DIY Gummy Worm-Infested Ice Cubes: Freeze gummy worms in ice cubes to add a fun garnish to your guests’ drinks. Pro tip: Substitute juice for water when filling your ice tray to prevent your drinks from tasting watered-down. (via Brit + Co)
4. DIY Frozen Boo-nana Pops: Whip up these adorable “boo-nana” pops by freezing and dipping banana halves in white chocolate and adding two chocolate chip eyes. For a healthier alternative, swap the white chocolate for yogurt. (via Skinny Taste)
5. Trail Mix Bar: You’ll definitely find yourself with more than enough candy on Halloween, so throw a little variety into the mix with a trail mix bar. Think: banana chips, dried cranberries and pretzel sticks. (via A Girl and a Glue Gun)
6. DIY Halloween Flags: Take some Halloween-printed washi tape, wrap it around a drink stirrer and you’ll have these super cute flags to dress up your cocktails. Replicate the technique with toothpicks for instant cupcake toppers. (via Brit + Co)
7. DIY Balloon-Dipped Mason Jars: Trade store-bought candles for these easy, spooky ones you can DIY. To give your mason jars a candy corn makeover, use white, yellow and orange balloons. (via Brit + Co)
8. DIY Pumpkin, Ghost and Black Cat Halloween Garland: Yup, Christmas decorations are already out in stores, so make use of them with this DIY! Paint white ghosts, orange pumpkins and little black cats onto wooden ornaments for an easy chic, Halloween-worthy garland. (via Dream Green DIY)
9. DIY Easy Tissue Paper Pumpkin Favors: These pumpkin pouches are as easy to make as they are adorable. Simply bunch up orange tissue paper, fill with treats and bundle at the top into a little pumpkin stem. (via One Little Project)
10. DIY Halloween Spell Garland: Inspired by the classic Halloween film Hocus Pocus, these DIY garlands are just what’s needed to hang over your dessert table. But be warned, they could suddenly inspire your guests to channel the Sanderson sisters and burst out in song ;) (via Lovely Indeed)
13. DIY Paint Pen Pattern No-Carve Pumpkins: These modern and minimalistic pumpkin designs don’t require much to make — just a paint pen! Though black and white designs are *so* chic, you can totally paint them any color you want to fit your party’s aesthetic. (via Lovely Indeed)
14. Googly Eyes Backdrop: A similarly spooky B&W photobooth backdrop can be yours in less than five minutes. Stick googly eyes of varying sizes to the walls or DIY your own with paper plates and black paint. (via Oh Happy Day)
15. DIY Lollipop Ghosts: This Halloween DIY may be *the* easiest party favor idea you’ve come across yet. Use tissues, lollipops, black and orange ribbon and a Sharpie to make these super cute ‘n’ simple party favors. (via One Little Project)
17. DIY Spider Candlesticks: Check out your local dollar store for plastic spiders and DIY these creepy crawly candlesticks. Keep it simple with all-white candles, or use orange ones for a pop of color. (via The Alison Show)
19. DIY Witch Pitch: Put together this tabletop game for a cackling good time. If you’d rather play the game out in the yard, use larger cauldrons and beanbags instead of candy corn. (via Chica and Jo)
How will you be decorating your Halloween party? Be sure to check us out on Pinterest for more decor tips and ideas!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)