Gone are the days when kitchens were purely functional rooms. Now, we cook in them, we eat in them and we hang out with our friends in them. And since this is where you spend a lot of your time, there should be a good amount of design thoughtfulness that goes into it. Sure, function is still important, but creating a comfortable space for visiting and socializing is just as important. From unique lighting to textured surfaces and metallic details, this season’s kitchen trends are all about comfort and style, and we’re totally obsessed.
1. Copper Accents: Copper is still going strong in the design world, and we’re not complaining. Whether your kitchen is modern and minimal or country chic, copper adds just the right amount of warmth and glam. Go bold with copper pendant lighting or just pick up some copper pots to display on your open shelves. (via A House in the Hills)
2. Green Cabinets: We love a colorful kitchen, but lately there has been an increase in sage, olive and mint colors. Green brings a modern and vibrant vibe to any space and makes the kitchen feel a little bit country but totally sophisticated. (via Better Homes and Gardens)
3. Accent Furniture: The kitchen is really the heart of the home, and you should encourage people to spend time together by bringing in comfortable seating. Guests can lounge in a cushy breakfast nook and keep you company while you finish prepping dinner. (via Lonny)
4. Color Pop: We’re always on board with a good pop of color. From painting the bar stools to adding bright dishware, color is the best way to add more personality and style to your kitchen. (via Hally’s)
5. Unique Lighting: Whether you want to go for a glamorous crystal chandelier or a quirky metal pendant, lighting is a great way to update your kitchen without doing too much work. (via Raya Todorova)
6. Rustic Textures: Rough wood texture is a fun way to add visual interest to your kitchen, especially when paired with marble countertops and metallic accents. Plus you don’t have to redo your whole kitchen to get the look! Just add some open shelving with wood boards to bring in some natural texture. (via Molly Barnard Grant Design)
7. Marble Everything: From countertops to vases and everything in between, you can’t go wrong with marble. With its sleek and dramatic look, marble can be paired with dark cabinets for a stunning modern look or light cabinets to keep things cool and fresh. (via Fancy!)
8. User-Friendly Open Shelving: True, open shelving is nothing new, but it is still super practical, pretty and functional. Add open shelves to your kitchen to make your space feel inviting and lived in all at the same time. (via Esther Jostmeijer)
What are your favorite kitchen trends this season? Tell us what you’re loving in the comments below!