23 Mini Chandeliers to Brighten Any Big or Small Space
So you want some statement-making lighting but you live in a home without a ballroom. No worries — there are plenty of gorgeous chandeliers and pendants that allow you to work within your space (and budget) without sacrificing one bit of style. Whether you want to DIY something brilliant this weekend or have your eye on a copper geometric gem, these 23 mini chandeliers will bring light and depth to your little home. Though they be small, they’re totally capable of offering the elegance of a “normal” chandelier.
2. DIY Egg Crate Chandelier: The beauty of an egg crate plastic grid is that you can make any geometric shape you want. Lighting is such a fun way to bring a pop of color into the room, and we love this teal dining room pendant. (via Sarah M. Dorsey Designs)
5. Think Slim: Avoid any light fixture that’s too big and clunky. If you have a small space like a breakfast nook, choose lighting that is thin and narrow and allows for lots of bulbs or candles. (via Homedit)
7. Caged Pendant ($39): Hang one of these simple pendants over your desk or group several of them together to make more of a statement.
12. Handmade Gem Pendant ($130): Since this chandelier is handmade and customizable, you can pick the exact color you want for your home.
13. Mobile Pendant ($249): Completely adjustable, this modern feature is fresh and contemporary but still classic.
14. DIY Copper Pipe Fixture: The hardest part of the project will be deciding what kind of geometric shape you want. Make one big one or a cluster of three for a stunning light feature. (via The Gathered Home)
19. Flat Urchin Lamp ($281): “Full of holes” is a good thing when it comes to this light fixture. The stylish, mod look will spruce up any space.
22. DIY Sputnik Chandelier: IKEA hacks to the rescue. Instead of several thousand dollars, all you need for this project is some time with Netflix to paint the pieces gold. (via Little Green Notebook)
Which is your favorite light fixture? Will you be trying any of the DIY pendants? Talk to us in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)