12 Bright Ways to Give Your Bar Stools a Serious Upgrade
Attention: DIYers, it’s officially time for a kitchen stool makeover. Even if you’re not the crafty type, these 12 tutorials are so easy, anyone can make ‘em. Yes, even you. We swear. From dipped pegs to embroidered seats, we’ve got all your stylish bar stool needs right here, right now. Grab a seat and let’s get DIYing!
1. Color Dipped: In case you missed it, our adorable Target collab showcased three killer ways to dip your bar stool legs. You’ll find DIY tips for stripes, ombre and color blocking, but we’re kinda loving all three as a set. (via Brit + Co)
2. Woven Twill: A tutorial for a super cool footstool can be easily translated into a graphic bar stool. Just use the same materials on a taller piece and your bar seats will be dressed to impress. (via Design*Sponge)
5. Crochet Cover: This charming tutorial may just be for the crochet seat cover, but if you add it to a colorfully spray painted stool you’ve got a brand spankin’ new piece. You can also just add it to your existing stools for a pretty handmade touch. (via By Petra)
8. Embroidered: Betcha didn’t think you could embroider a stool! Audrey from This Little Street shows us how to cross stitch our way to a fine piece of personalized furniture. (via This Little Street)
9. Semi-Painted: Sometimes less is more. This semi-painted stool set looks fantastic with the exposed wood on the seat. You can definitely change up the border color, although we’re seriously diggin’ the turquoise. (via Cuckoo 4 Design)
10. Pallets: The pallet seating at Greenhouse Perth restaurant in Melbourne is beyond cool (andupcycled). While we can’t exactly pinpoint how it was done, this pic should give you some major inspo to DIY. (via DIY Pallets)
11. Knitted Top: If you know how to knit a swatch, you can totally pull off a knitted stool. Mix it up with different types of yarn, gauge sizes and colors to craft a cozy eclectic bunch. (via Martha Stewart)
12. Magazine Stack: This inspiring project was made using old magazines, a pillow and some harness straps. It would take tons of mag collecting to make a whole set of bar stools, but what a statement they would make! (via NJU Studio)
Planning to DIY your kitchen stools? Talk to us below or on Facebook!