Copper Trend Alert! 23 Copper Items to Brighten Your Home
You’ve heard it before, and you’re about to hear it again: Copper is the new black when it comes to home decor. Whether you are remodeling your kitchen or just need some accents around the house, copper will add that perfect elegance. Copper has been around for a long time and is here to stay. So let’s embrace it and grab some copper items to make your home as shiny as a penny.
1. Mini Planters: Spring has us a little plant crazy, and if you’re about to jump on planting that indoor garden, then you’re going to want to give that greenery a home as lovely as one of these. (via Poppytalk)
6. Contemporary Indoor Garden: Remember the other day when we made those pretty awesome hanging planters out of straws? Impressive, we know. Equally impressive is this tutorial that gives your new plants a place to hang out. (via Eclectic Trends)
9. Chateau Cuisiniere ($50,000): You might have toppled over after looking at that price. But get back up! This oven is screaming for you to bake some country-style cooking!
14. DIY Copper Leaf Lamps: We wish the image quality was loads better, but this was a must include. We knew that gold leaf makes every DIY project better, but copper leaf? Excuse us while we start crafting. (via Daily Fix)
17. Sun + Glory Foreigner ($68): Don’t have the strength and energy for a DIY project this week? We get it. It happens. Luckily you can buy this one. And if you want, you can even tell your friends that you made it. We’ll keep our mouths shut.
How will you style your home with copper? Let us know in the comments below!
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!