As the first awards show of the season, the Emmys tend to set the bar for the rest of the ceremonies to come, and this year’s event aimed high! With all the showstopping style we could handle and host Stephen Colbert’s opening musical number, it was bound to be a good night, and it only got better as it went on. There were even more magical moments behind the scenes, where stars including Sofia Vergara and Jessica Biel mingled with their idols, and others got the royal treatment. Keep reading to see all the snaps you missed from your favorite stars!
1. Sofia Vergara: Vergara didn’t just attend this year’s Emmy Awards — she was… baptized? “The day @dollyparton baptized me,” she wrote on Instagram of a special moment shared between the two.
2. Gabrielle Union-Wade: The Being Mary Jane actress paused on the red carpet to give her hubby a smooch in an aww-inducing moment that was captured in slow-mo.
3. Jessica Biel: After enduring a limo ride with no AC, the Sinner star was rewarded with a little face time with one of her personal heroes, Jane Fonda. “Be still, my activist, feminist, icon worshipping heart,” she captioned a photo of them together.
4. Shailene Woodley: Woodley gave us a glimpse at how much work goes into attending such an event as two assistants helped her into her dress. “It takes a village,” she quipped.
5. Heidi Klum: Klum took us through her glam routine in a time lapse video that condensed the arduous process into a quick 20-second clip. If only it were that easy!
6. Felicity Huffman: Huffman gave us some glorious before-and-after shots, which began with an oversized shirt, sectioned-off hair, and a blowdryer, and ended with gorgeous flowing curls and a stunning baby-blue lace Tony Ward gown.
7. Neve Campbell: The House of Cards actress snapped a selfie with husband JJ Feild en route to the event, writing, “Headed to the Emmys with my man. Excited to celebrate House of Cards nomination. Proud to be a part of it. Looking forward into running into old friends and new.”
8. Uzo Aduba: After waking up raring to go with her glam squad, Aduba gave a special shout-out to her date for the evening, sister Chioma.
9. Oprah Winfrey: The legendary talk show host enjoyed a day full of beauty, complete with pedis, makeup, hair by Nicole Mangrum, and styling.
10. Elisabeth Moss: The Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series winner relaxed before the show, getting a little skin TLC from celebrity esthetician Joanna Vargas.
Which moment was your fave? Tell us @BritandCo.
(Photo via Rich Polk/Getty)