15 30-Minute Recipes to Make for Your Next Potluck
You’ve (mostly) survived the holidays, and you have the holiday ham leftovers to prove it. But wait! You’ve got one more party to get through and, in all of your Christmas prep, you’ve completely forgotten to get ready for that New Year’s Eve soiree you’re going to. We’ve scoured the Internet for the tastiest and easiest 30-minute meals. They’re easy enough to throw together before work, but tasty enough to make an appearance on any fancy table too. Read on for our top winter potluck picks for NYE, the Super Bowl and beyond.
1. Baked Ravioli: Tuck this recipe in your back pocket for any occasion that calls for warm comfort food. Store-bought ravioli means you can get this tasty meal ready for your BFF’s party in 30 minutes flat. (via Damn Delicious)
2. 20-Minute Spicy Basil Thai Noodles: Everyone will be asking which Thai restaurant you went to for these totally tasty noodles. Leave them vegetarian, or toss them with some chicken breast for extra protein. (via Layers of Happiness)
3. Roasted Vegetable Salad With Garlic Dressing + Toasted Pepitas: Nobody will complain about eating their veggies with this colorful combo. It’s as pretty as it is delicious. (via With Food + Love)
4. Skillet White Chicken Chili Dip: This ooey, gooey, savory and slightly spicy app will definitely get mouths watering. Bake this in a glass pan instead of a metal skillet if you plan to reheat it in the microwave at your fiesta. (via Heartbeet Kitchen)
5. Clean Eating Baked Thai Salmon: This easy broiled salmon can be made up to three days in advance, so it’s the perfect thing to make ahead for an upcoming gathering. It’s also super healthy, so you’ll even have room for an extra glass of something sparkly. (via iFOODreal)
6. 30-Minute Roasted Sesame Sweet Potatoes: Sesame oil and tahini lend a special nuttiness to earthy potatoes. Finish with cilantro and sesame seeds, because pretty food just tastes better. (via Pinch of Yum)
8. Easy Chicken Satay With Peanut Chili Sauce: You won’t believe these tender chicken skewers come together in under 30 minutes. Save even more time and boost flavor by marinating them the night before. (via Kitchen Sanctuary)
9. Orange-Infused Kale and Brussels Sprouts Salad: For those who are still questioning the merits of kale, prepare to be converted. This hearty salad gets bulked up with nuts, dried fruit and a sweet and tangy dressing. Since kale holds up well, this dish is super portable. (via Destination Delish)
11. One-Pot Lasagna: A killer lasagna is a potluck essential. This version requires only one pot, and it takes 30 minutes from start to finish. Faster lasagna and no cleanup? Yes, please! (via Damn Delicious)
12. 20-Minute Baked Mac and Cheese: This is the dish that everyone hopes will show up at a potluck. It’s creamy, cheesy and always hits the spot. You might want to make a double batch! (via The Hungry Hedgehog)
13. Persian Meatballs With Dried Cherries and Pistachios: These meatballs are a perfect study in sweet and savory. Bring a side of basmati rice so everyone has something to soak up that yummy pan sauce. (via Kevin Is Cooking)
14. One-Pot Chicken Enchilada Rice Casserole: Here’s everything you love about chicken enchiladas in easy breezy one-pot form. Use a store-bought enchilada sauce to make things go even faster. (via Recipe Tin Eats)
15. Mediterranean Baked Sweet Potatoes: Who says you have to wait ’til 2016 to eat a little better? These healthy-ish sweet potatoes get topped with a garlic-herb sauce, seasoned chickpeas and a parsley-tomato garnish. It’s basically a flavor bomb in your mouth. (via Minimalist Baker)
Whether you want to tap into some holiday nostalgia, or find a fun DIY to do with your kiddos, this simple snow globe craft offers both! Together with Camp by Walmart, we built a customizable crafting journey so you can execute this decor upgrade based on your style preferences and the supplies you have around the house. For this project, you'll need to decide if you want your snow globe to be inside of a mason jar or glass orb, what type of snow you want (hello, glitter!), and what holiday scene should go inside. With 16 possible outcomes, we can't wait to see what you come up with. Check it out by watching the winter wonderland snow globe tutorial now!