15 30-Minute Vegetarian Meals
Anyone can be a vegetarian for one night, especially when there are so many perfect vegetables in season. But whether you’re vegetarian for life or just trying it out, these quick recipes demystify the vegetarian diet (lettuce? again?), add color and variety to your meals and give you more time to catch up on some Netflix. So no more boring salads for you! We’ve got your back, you beautiful green goddess.
2. Chickpeas Simmered in Masala Sauce: Whether you’re vegan or vegetarian, you cannot go wrong with chickpeas — especially chickpeas simmered in a sauce packed with spice and flavor. Serve it over rice for even more sauce-soaking goodness. (via Treehugger)
3. No-Cook Veggie Pasta: For the Carrie Bradshaws of the world who store shoes in their stoves, this no-cook pasta is a cinch to throw together. And chock-full of veggies, it’s about as healthy as you can get. (via Brit + Co)
4. 30-Minute Vegetarian Pho: Shiitake mushrooms add meatiness to this light and fresh Vietnamese dish, and a simplified ginger broth makes it possible to have pho any night of the week. (via Oh My Veggies)
6. Rocket, Omelette and Tomato Baguettes: Did you know “rocket” was another word for arugula? Next time you have over some brunch guests, ask if they’d like extra rocket on their paninis. They’ll be so impressed with your kitchen prowess. (via FIne Dining Lovers)
7. Skinny Butternut Squash Lasagna Cups: We’re suckers for adorable, bite-size edibles, and these little lasagna cups don’t disappoint. And at only 182 calories a cup, dinner can be guilt-free. (via Brit + Co)
8. Corn, Tomato and Black Bean Tostadas With Creamy Cilantro Dressing: Just because you’ve decided to go veg doesn’t mean you can’t indulge a little. When you throw a fried corn tortilla into the mix, you cannot go wrong. (via The Kitchn)
9. Zucchini Pancakes With Avocado and Egg: The simpler the recipe, the better — and with only four ingredients, this recipe is a snap to whip up. The avocado and egg add some protein power to keep you going while keeping it all veg. (via Brit + Co)
10. 15-Minute Zucchini Pasta With Heirloom Cherry Tomato Basil Sauce: Did we say 30-minute meals? Well, how about this 15-minute meal, plus 15 minutes of admiring your creation instead? No-cook “pasta” plus a quick tomato sauce makes it all possible. (via Half Baked Harvest)
11. Raw, Vegan, Gluten-Free Lasagna: Even vegans can get in on the lasagna train with this twist on an old stand-by. Lemon-pignoli ricotta? Basil-pistachio pesto? Even carnivores will enjoy going vegan for a night with ingredients like this. (via Brit + Co)
12. Three Bean Salad With Pearl Couscous: All beans are good beans when they’re tossed in a maple balsamic vinaigrette. And as a go-to ingredient for vegetarians, beans will keep you full while keeping the dish light. (via The Fresh Direction)
13. Mushroom and Thyme Skillet Pizza: It’s true! A home-cooked pizza can be yours in 15 minutes! You just need some pre-made pizza dough, a skillet and delicious, fresh ingredients like mushrooms and thyme. Yum! (via Brit + Co)
15. Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Orange Butter Sauce: This simple recipe will impress any dinner guest with its complex flavors. Plus, the orange butter sauce will convert any Brussels sprout haters. If you feel like this is more of a side-dish, serve it with some quick-cooking couscous. (via Treehugger)
Do you have your own quick veggie meals to share? How about tips on maintaining the veggie lifestyle? We’re all ears. Let us know in the comments below!