20 Recipes for Your Holiday Ham
Some of us are turkey people. Some of us are duck people. And some of us insist on having ham for the holidays. But it’s with good reason; a juicy ham fresh out of the oven is one of the most decadent dinners we can imagine. We collected 20 recipes to get your pork fix any time of the year. As an added bonus, all of these recipes are equally as good with store-bought ham or leftovers from your holiday feast. Start with the entrées and sides first, then move into the best part — leftovers!
1. Glazed Easter Ham: Let’s start with the basics: Check out this gorgeous giant ham. The super flavorful centerpiece takes a long bath in Dr. Pepper, mustard and brown sugar. The caramel-like crust will be well worth the wait. (via The Pioneer Woman)
2. Bourbon Glazed Ham: Add a little extra holiday cheer to your ham with a blend of nutmeg, honey, bourbon and cloves. All the alcohol burns off, leaving a deliciously sticky sauce behind. (via Food52)
4. Chopped Kale With Ham and Figs: Upgrade your kale salad with a salty punch from prosciutto and soothing sweetness from the figs. It’s a side salad with major flavor worthy of a main. (via 100 Threads)
6. Savory Bread Pudding With Ham And Cheese: Serve this decadent stuffing-inspired side all year round, or just upgrade from your classic Thanksgiving fare for a taste of something new. We don’t think any of your guests will complain about the break in tradition. (via Buns in My Oven)
8. Spanish Croquettes: Looking for something with a little more exotic flair? Make this popular Spanish tapa that combines a blend of cheese sauce and ham, fried into a perfect finger food. (via Uno de Dos)
9. Maple Brussels Sprouts and Ham Hash With Apple Noodles: It may sound like a strange combo, but this tasty mashup of holiday favorites is sure to be a hit and a new family tradition. (via Inspiralized)
10. Sweet Potato Gnocchi With Smoked Ham: The smokiness of the ham perfectly complements the sweet potato gnocchi and rich, creamy sage butter sauce. Make this meal on a chilly night for a cozy pick-me-up. (via Cookin’ Skinny)
11. Sunday Brunch Croque Madame: Stack up this breakfast (or lunch) sandwich with leftover sliced holiday ham for an extra decadent treat. Tons of melted cheese and a perfectly fried egg take it over the top. (via The Stiers Aesthetic)
14. White Bean and Ham Soup: Make this thick and hearty soup on a cold winter’s day. The best part is that once you get everything in the pot, you can leave it alone while it cooks all day and makes your house smell ah-amazing. (via Inspiration Kitchen)
15. Croque Madame Pizza: Homemade pizza with all the flavors of what might be our favorite grilled cheese sandwich? We’ll take as many slices as we can fit in our bellies, please. (via Cooking for Keeps)
16. Banh Cuon Thanh Tri: We promise we didn’t make this up, and we promise you will not be disappointed with this rice-noodle, Vietnamese ham and herb salad with a spicy umami-packed dressing. (via Goodies a Volonte)
17. Cubano Sandwich: It’s a classic for several reasons: Roasted pork, smoked ham, melty cheese, spicy mustard, sour pickles and super soft bread make the ultimate comfort sandwich. (via The Meaning of Pie)
Which one of these recipes are you eager to try? Ready to make a holiday ham and use the leftovers for this array of delicious goodies? Tell us in the comments below!