7 New Kickstarters to Fund After CES
From smart hairbrushes to techy gluten testers, it’s pretty safe to say that all the amazing tech at CES this year has gotten us in the mood for all things innovation. That’s why as soon as we got home, we scoured through Kickstarter and Indiegogo for even more cool entrepreneurial products… hey it’s not an addiction if it’s good for you, right? Here are seven new crowdfunds that caught our eye this week.
1. Sento Towel: In case you weren’t aware, not all towels are created equally. This meticulously designed towel made with Japanese craftsmanship is beautiful AND functional. It’s absorbent, luxurious and odor resistant… basically, it’s just the adulting investment you need when you *finally* decide to stop showering with beach towels.
2. Nurugo SmartUV: A 2017 CES Innovation Award nominee, this smartphone attachment lets you see what your skin really looks like by capturing images of yourself in the invisible UV spectrum.
3. TUCK by Koli: Every lady (and bro) with long hair knows the struggle of cutting off your circulation via a tight hairband. This adorable new gold or silver bangle covers your hairband completely, leaving your wrist pain-free and stylish.
4. The 48 Hour Switch: While being able to switch between a backpack, messenger bag and briefcase isn’t new — this leather option is undeniably chic. Its excellent craftsmanship will look sleek on the street, in the office and during your commute.
View this post on Instagram
Don't get caught wearing that ugly hair tie around your wrist. And plus who wants their circulation cut off throughout the day? We at Koli Collective have a solution and it's called TUCK by Koli. The FIRST unisex bracelet the hides and conceals your hair tie. Don't flaunt it-hide it! Visit our Kickstarter to get yours today! Link in bio #TUCKitaway #kickstarter 📷: @pbwaw 👧🏽: @mlle.noor @kickstarter
A post shared by Koli Collective (@kolicollective) on
5. Evie Blender: If you love beauty blenders but are annoyed at how expensive they are (and how easily they need to be replaced), take a look at this innovative dupe. Made out of hypoallergenic silicone, it doesn’t absorb makeup, cleans easily, doesn’t stain and lasts for a year or more.
6. ZERA Food Recycler: Go ahead — get green in 2017. The Zera Food Recycler reduces food waste by over two-thirds. Within 24 hours you have ready-to-use fertilizer that you can spread over your lawn, plants or garden. Yep, it really is that simple.
7. Steadicam Volt Smartphone Stabilizer: Smartphone tech has come ridiculously far in the past five years — so much so that you can practically film a full-length movie using just your iPhone. This newest addition to the Steadicam family allows you to capture moments more professionally on your smartphone without annoying camera shake. Cannes Film Festival, here we come!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)