It’s almost time for advent calendars. Turns out these little relics of childhood are still the rage, and some even come with whisky! Whether you’re looking for specialty teas, luxe beauty products, or a brand new read, there’s a pre-made advent calendar designed specifically for your interests (or your BFF’s, or your mom’s…). Here are 31 ways you can buy or DIY your own advent calendar this Christmas. (P.S. These are definitely not limited to Christmas celebrations — they could be a fun wedding or birthday countdown too!)
For Beauty Gurus
1. Ciaté London Mini Mani Month Nail Polish Set ($59): Painting your nails is a great way to unwind from a stressful day. Ciaté London’s value-packed nail polish advent calendar includes 19 mini nail polishes (five of which are exclusive shades!), a full-sized pot of their new Gelology formulation, a treatment base coat, and a top coat. Holiday manis at your place!
2. NYX Lippie Countdown Advent Calendar ($65): Snag 24 mini NYX lip products for the lipstick lover in your life, at just under $3 a pop. It’s packed with butter glosses, soft matte lip creams, and so much more, so they’ll have a whole drawer of holiday lip options.
3. Ulta 12 Days of Beauty ($18): If spending $50+ on a beauty advent calendar isn’t in your holiday budget, we suggest getting your tush over to Ulta and picking up their 12 Days of Beauty calendar instead. With over $70 of value, the kit doesn’t cater to one specific product type — in fact, you’ll basically be gifting a full face of makeup.
4. H&M Accessories Advent Calendar ($35): Give your bestie’s accessories a winter makeover with H&M’s adorable advent calendar. Featuring gilded designs and metal, plastic, and glass accessories, this festive advent calendar is an awesome way to infuse a little holiday pizazz into every OOTD this December.
Foodies and Mixologists
5. Amitea Organics Tea Advent Calendar ($40): It’s time to par-TEA! This aromatic organic tea advent calendar features 22 handmade tea bags featuring unique blends. Plus, the kit comes with an adorable garland made with twine and mini clothespins so they can spruce up any cozy corner with a little holiday joy.
6. Coffee Cup Advent Calendar (DIY): Got a coffee or tea lover in the mix? Use coffee cups in takeout trays! We love the idea of filling each with different types of coffee beans or tea bags. (via Living At Home)
7. Heritage Distilling Company Spirits Advent Calendar ($49): Celebrate the holiday season by treating someone special to 24 days of mini spirits from the Heritage Distilling Company. With vodkas, gins, and bourbons aplenty, this adults-only advent calendar is surprisingly affordable.
8. Whisky Advent Calendar ($164): Behind each of these 24 doors is a different sample of whisky, including a sample of one from a $700+ bottle. AH-mazing.
9. Vinebox Twelve Nights of Wine ($129): While spending almost $130 on an advent calendar may seem a little crazy, it’s actually not a bad deal considering the cost covers a dozen specially curated and beautifully packaged glasses of wine. Seriously, look at those chic bottles!
10. Wine Advent Calendar: This is for the serious wino. A bottle a day might be overkill unless you’ve got a few people to share with, but we still love the idea. Maybe every other day is a bottle of fancy seltzer? (via Style Me Pretty)
11. Bonne Maman Mini-Preserve Advent Calendar ($28): Satisfy their sweet tooth with 24 different Bonne Maman flavored preserves. The calendar includes exclusive holiday flavors of preserves, jelly, and honey to make holiday baking even more magical than years past.
12. Lakrids Liquorice Advent Calendar ($43): In case you didn’t know, luxury liquorice is totally a thing. This calendar’s 24 windows each reveal a different flavor from one of the finest liquorice producers in Denmark. Forgo the traditional chocolate and try something new with your advent sweets.
14. Beer Advent Calendar: Head to the beverage store and get a whole bunch of different beers to try or favorites to enjoy. Put them all together in an advent calendar bin and try a different one each day. You could even keep the “calendar” in the fridge! (via 2 Little Hooligans)
For CREATIVITY SEEKERS
15. Hingston and Olsen 2017 Short Story Advent Calendar ($43): We all know someone whose ideal cozy winter evening involves snuggling at home with a new book; this may be the advent calendar of their dreams. Complete with 24 individually sealed short stories to read every night leading up to the holidays, this amazing literary calendar is perfect for bibliophiles.
16. Advent Calendar Shadowbox: Head to a flea market, discount home store, or craft store and look for little shelves like this. Then get out the craft paper and make a bunch of custom boxes and pouches. (via Lil Blue Boo)
18. Matchbox Advent Calendar: Matchboxes are perfect for lots of DIY projects because they’re actually miniature drawers. Tape or glue a few together or to the wall for the littlest of gifts. (via The Craft Patch All About You)
19. Printable Holiday Boxes: All about DIY but don’t have the tools for designing your own numbers and boxes? This printable template is design-y and colorful, just the way we like it. (via Oh Happy Day)
20. Ornament A Day: This one used to be available for purchase on Pottery Barn, but would definitely be an easy DIY using ornaments you already have.
21. Grain Sack Advent Calendar ($120): Made from repurposed grain sacks, this hanging calendar has a very rustic aesthetic and is definitely inspiring some DIY ideas here at Brit HQ.
22. Pottery Barn Galvanized Metal Advent Calendar ($169): This could also be a permanent fixture in an entryway for keeping keys, mittens, and other “on the way out” essentials.
23. Envelope Advent Calendar: Who knew envelopes could be so stylish? This couldn’t be easier to create and you probably have all the materials in your desk drawer or craft room. (via A Few Things From My Life)
24. Vintage Style Advent Boxes ($26): If you’re not up for creating your own boxes, these vintage style ones are available over on Etsy. Love the festive color palette.
26. Advent Calendar Clothespin Tree ($79): Another rustic one and available on Etsy, this is a great way of combining your advent calendar with your Christmas tree, especially if you live in a small apartment or house.
For Kiddos and Pups
27. Barbie Careers Advent Calendar ($30): We love that Barbie has stepped up to empower young girls in the past several years, and we’re super excited to gift the kiddos in our lives this adorable new advent set. Barbie’s new calendar comes with a full-sized doll and 24 special gifts, which all combine to help outfit Barbie for her five new career options — a ballerina, baker, ice skater, veterinarian, and skier.
28. Disney Tsum Tsum Countdown to Christmas Advent Calendar ($35): If your kiddo loves to collect Disney Tsum Tsums, this Disney advent calendar is sure to keep them excited throughout the month of December. The calendar includes 18 Tsum Tsumsand six holiday-themed accessories. Plus, the calendar itself transforms into a cool gingerbread house!
29. Paw Patrol Look-Out Advent Calendar ($25): “No job is too big, no pup is too small.” Complete with 24 figures, the Paw Patrol advent calendar is great for toddlers and children over the age of three.
30. LEGO Star Wars Advent Calendar ($40): The force is strong with this advent calendar. Featuring seven mini figures, a dozen vehicles (including the Millennium Falcon) and a handful of weapons, this LEGO Star Wars Advent Calendar is great for older children. Plus, it’s a great way to get your kids (or kids at heart) excited before Star Wars Episode VII opens this December.
31. Falvai Creative Dog Treat Advent Calendar ($33): Don’t forget about the pups! This endearing pup-friendly advent calendar is made by Canadian company Falvai Creative and is guaranteed to have your pup licking their chops in excitement each morning. With three different flavored treats — organic grass-fed beef, wild sustainable Pacific salmon, and natural peanut butter — even the pickiest dog will munch these delicious snacks right up.
(Additional reporting by Ashley Macey)
Which advent calendar is on your holiday wish list? Tweet us by mentioning @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.