From Anthro to Zara: The 26 Best New Arrivals to Buy Right Now
You’ve spent the last few months hunting down (or DIY-ing) the perfect gifts for everyone on your list, but now it’s your turn to indulge. With a few new gift cards likely taking up residence in your wallet — and maybe even a little bit of extra cash — it’s totally possible. Oh yeah, plus all those crazy post-Christmas sales? Game. On. But with things finally winding down after all the holiday craziness, hitting the stores might be the last thing on your to-do list. Hoards of people, endless scrounging and lines that rival those on Black Friday — thanks, but no thanks.
For some serious style to get the New Year started off right — all without the hassle — look here. We’ve combed through some of your favorite shops to pick some of the most hot-right-now items and put them all in one easy-to-shop place. From sleek shoes to cozy sweaters and next-level jeans, you’ll find 26 of the best new-in, after-Christmas buys you can add to your cart right now.
1. American Apparel Lightweight Dylan Trench ($120): Snagging spring gear might not be on your radar just yet — but it should be. Get your warm-weather outerwear game on lock with a sleek, sophisticated trench. It never hurts to plan ahead, right?
2. Anthropologie Tied Cashmere Turtleneck ($228): It’s hard to pass up a cozy sweater when it’s anything-but-toasty outside. A playful tie front sets this turtleneck apart from the rest of your cold-weather wear and will instantly perk up everything from jeans to office essentials.
3. ASOS Culottes in Denim Yarn ($54): Knitted bottoms are basically the best thing has ever happened to fashion, period. Pick up a pair of comfy culottes and prepare to wow co-workers and your best buds with your sartorial ingenuity. Yep — you can totally make them office-ready. Just add a bow-front blouse, sleeveless blazer and chunky-heeled mules.
4. BaubleBar Galaxy Ear Cuff ($28): Forget basics: Accessories are the bread and butter of an on-point wardrobe, and that means there’s never not a good time to add a new piece to the mix. That’s where this edgy ear cuff comes in.
5. Charles & Keith Embossed Chelsea Boots ($76): You practically live in ankle boots until Memorial Day — keep things feeling fresh with a textural twist on your go-to pair of Chelsea-style kicks.
6. COS Sculpted Sleeve Jumper ($115): Give your classic crewneck sweater a much-needed update with a futuristic knit boasting funky sleeves.
7. Forever21 Contemporary Buttoned Maxi Skirt ($28): A long-line skirt with military-inspired details will put all those other maxis, midis and minis in your closet to shame. Whether styled for the office with a turtleneck and mules or done up all casual-like with a simple tee and slide-on flats, it’s a sartorial home run.
8. For Love and Lemons Joplin Pullover ($220): By January 1, your sweater rotation might be feeling a little bit tired. Breathe new life into your winter wardrobe with a textured sweater that packs a punch.
9. Free People Moonstone Leather Wrap Bolo ($78): Skinny scarves and statement necklaces, step aside; it’s the bolo’s time to shine. The pared-down piece might be minimalist in nature, but sometimes less is more. There’s no way you’re going unnoticed when you step out in this sophisticated-meets-boho number.
10. Gap Skinny Zip Joggers ($50): Athleisure isn’t going anywhere, so if you’ve been reluctant to try the crazy comfortable trend, now’s the time to dive in. Joggers are the cornerstone of the effortless look, and this side-zip pair packs just enough polish to make them on-the-clock appropriate.
11. H&M Denim Jacket ($40): Put an of-the-moment twist on the closet staple by opting for a color blocked denim jacket that captures the patchwork denim trend. Rock it with black, white, gray or dark wash jeans for a perfectly executed denim on denim getup.
12. J.Crew Perfect Shirt in Stripe With Sequin Collar ($110): Press reset on your workweek wardrobe with chic stripes and shimmery sequins that take a classic button-down shirt from standard to standout.
13. Karen Millen Fur Pochette ($55): Faux fur in a regal shade of blue adds an instant luxe edge to everything from jeans and a tee to a carefully curated night-out ensemble.
14. Levi’s 501 Jeans by After Party Vintage ($98): Limited edition denim with a price tag that won’t break the bank? No, you’re not dreaming. This reimagined pair of classics gives you unparalleled fit and a major eye-catching extra — silvery, party-ready pockets.
15. Loft Spacedye Kimono Cardigan ($70): Layer up without compromising on those prized style sensibilities with a kimono-style cardigan that’s as cozy as it is stylistically on point.
16. Madewell Black Leopard Tier Necklace ($45): Take last season’s statement collars to new heights by teaming them with this tiered stunner.
17. Mango Jacquard Gilet ($150): Sweaters are your go-to topper once the mercury drops, but a cozy knit isn’t always the most put-together nine-to-five piece. An elegant gilet delivers polish in two seconds flat, all without any added bulk.
18. Need Supply Co. Era Mini Dress ($68): The playful pinafore dress gets a winter-ready makeover, ditching denim for plush corduroy fabric. Pair it with over-the-knee boots and a mock-neck knit for a casually cool date-night ensemble.
19. Old Navy Open-Front Patterned Coat ($65): Get ahead of the game and pick up pieces now that will serve you right straight through to spring. This lightweight jacket acts as the ultimate layering piece now and a throw-on-and-go topper later when things start to heat up.
20. & Other Stories Graphic Cotton Jacquard Sweater ($115): We’ve found your newest live-in sweater. Thanks to the ultra modern line work and boxy cut, it’ll take jeans and joggers into seriously stylish territory and pair seamlessly with pieces like leather pencil skirts, fancy flares and cool culottes.
21. Outdoor Voices Two-Tone Warmup Legging ($95): New year, new fitness gear. That’s the rule, right? These color blocked leggings up the ante on the rest of your workout wardrobe, making the transition from on-the-mat to brunch with the girls effortless. Rock ’em with a long-line turtleneck, slip-on flats and a furry topper.
22. Reformation Dwight Top ($78): With a sassy lace-up front, this super soft knit will change the way you do basics. It’s subtle enough to rock on the daily and kills it with literally everything in your closet.
23. Urban Outfitters Ecote Cozy Vest ($79): Kickin’ it on the couch is about to get a whole lot cozier with this sherpa-lined vest setting up shop in your closet. Pair it up with joggers, chic sneakers and a classic long-sleeved t-shirt for a casual look that’s ready for anything.
24. Warehouse Colour Block Dress ($89): So maybe jeans aren’t dress code compliant, but a denim dress, heeled ankle boot and blazer combo? We think yes.
25. Smoke x Mirrors Volunteers Sunglasses ($295): Beat snow glare in style with a sick new pair of shades with a psychedelic ’60s edge. And once summer rolls around, you’ll be set in the sunnies department.
26. Zara Laminated Flat Shoes ($30): Spring 2016 is all about quicksilver kicks. Update your loafer collection of blacks, browns and winter-ready hues with a high-shine set of metallic steppers.
What after-Christmas buys do you have your eye on? Follow us on Pinterest for more fun + colorful style inspiration.