Now I Know My ABC’s: 16 Pieces of Illustrated Alphabet Art
As lovers of type, words, and patterns, we’re big fans of alphabet-themed art. At some point, pretty much every artist, designer, illustrator, and hand-letterer decides that it’s probably time to illustrate a custom alphabet. Well, hear hear! Here are 16 pieces of illustrated ABC’s worth hanging on your wall.
1. Cheese Alphabet Print ($28 and up): We know it’s sort of unfair to start with our favorite one but… say cheese!
2. The Muppet Alphabet ($18 and up): This is too good, and our favorite is definitely T for The Swedish Chef.
3. Alphabet Hair ($15 and up): Not sure what all of these stand for, but we love the super graphic style of the whole piece.
4. Musicalphabet Screen Print ($101): I spy Bowie, Dolly, Elvis, and Michael. What about you?
5. Alphabet of Instruments ($18 and up): Speaking of music, where can we take zither lessons?
6. Floral Alphabet ($15 and up): The delicate style of this almost looks like someone set flowers down on a xerox machine or something.
7. Patterned Alphabet ($16 and up): We know this isn’t exactly “illustrated” but we dig all the patterns together. Surprise surprise ;)
8. Super Mario Alphabet ($18 and up): T is for OAD. THat’s all.
10. Princess Alphabet ($18 and up): Admittedly, we was on the fence about including this one. We love the Disney princesses but aren’t totally sold on this portrayal of each of them — it’s just a little TOO cartoony, which is saying a lot since they are cartoon princesses, after all.
12. Alphabet Veggies ($18 and up): Gobble gobble, got eat up those green ABC’s!
13. Illustrated Animal Alphabet ($18 and up): We came across tons of animal-themed alphabets, but the gentle lines and subtle color palette of this one won us over.
14. Bread Alphabet Print ($28 and up): Kind of a gluten-free nightmare, but how great is that matzo drawing?
15. Colorful Alphabet ($16 and up): Love this mix of creatures, buildings, and color.
16. Simpsons Alphabet ($18 and up): And finally… The Simpsons. Dooooo do do, do-dooooo, do do, do do-do-do-do. You know how it goes.
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!