Halloween is THIS WEEK and that means it’s time to party like animals, guys. This is one holiday when it’s totally appropriate to show off your wild side without worrying about having your sanity questioned. Finally, an excuse to dress up as something you’re not. So we say forget trying to pin down that perfectly creative and easy-to-execute costume and just go a little wild. If you’re still costume-less and idea-less, it’s safe to end your “what to wear” quest now — whether you want to buy, DIY, dress up the whole fam, you and your boo and/or just wear a fuzzy onesie all day and night we have you covered.
1. Baby Cow Costume: Everyone will be udderly delighted by this tiny cow. And it’s SO easy to execute. (via Make It and Love It)
2. Baby Crocodile Costume ($60): Clearly falls under the cute category. We can hardly imagine anything more aww-dorable!
3. Wolf Hoodie: Transform an old sweatshirt into a super cute Halloween costume with some well-cut felt. (via Elli)
4. Pig Costume: A completely pink clothing ensemble can transform into a pig costume with the simple addition of ears and a snout. (via A Little Red House)
5. Wise Old Owl Glasses: How simple and cute are these sweet owl glasses that can double as Halloween photobooth props too! (via Emmy in the Making)
6. Bear Coat ($200): Is Halloween here yet? We just can’t wait for an excuse to walk about in this cozy bear coat.
7. Adult Giraffe Onesie Kigurumi Pajamas ($60): In case you didn’t know that adult onesies were a thing, here’s proof. If it pains you to invest in a piece that you’ll only wear one day of the year, take heart knowing that this costume can definitely double as cozy pjs after their big debut.
8. Deer Halloween Costume: If your friends give you some major competition for that costume prize, here’s a DIY you can use to finally show them up. (via Flattery)
9. Octopus Costume: Yep, this costume exists. And it’s DIY-able! (via Jane Marie)
10. Little Llama Costume: Your little one will feel eight feet tall in this adorable DIY. (via Oh Happy Day)
11. DIY Penguin: Wanna pull something creative out of your craft closet? This penguin looks boutique, but no one needs to know that you actually created it out of a few items in your craft closet. (Shhh, we won’t tell!) Dress as Mary Poppins and — boom. Mom + baby costume FTW! (via Make It and Love It)
12. Toddler Eagle Costume ($49): We’re obsessed with this, the sweetest eagle we’ve ever seen. Bonus: That fuzzy eagle head can double as a hat for chilly trick-or-treat outings.
13. Unicorn Tutu Tutorial: We’re counting mythical animals in this roundup. Especially when they’re as flirty as this. (via LaurDIY)
14. Panda Bear ($20): This cuddly panda costume is already a steal, but if you’re the crafty type, this look could also easily be cleverly recreated with a black tutu, tights, leg warmers and a hoodie.
15. Shark Costume: Show off your creative wit and craft this shark costume all by yourself. (via Fiskars)
16. Lion Halloween Makeup: Mee-yow! (via From Head to Toe)
17. Little Lamb: Got a last minute invite to a costume party? Rummage through your bathroom cabinet for the cottonballs, there’s still time to DIY this one-of-a-kind little lamb. (via Parents)
18. Party Animals: Knock it out of the park at this year’s Halloween bash with a costume that calls for a mask of your choice and your Saturday night best. Who’s ready to party? (via Brit + Co)
19. Hamster Costume ($80): Be prepared to do the Hamster Dance all night long…
20. DIY No-Sew Fox Ears: For our procrastinating friends who have that Halloween thing to go to and nothing to wear, here’s a DIY idea that’s ideal for last minute. Use a bit of fur and some glue to transform a headband into a fantastic foxy headpiece. (via BITS)
21. Faun Makeup: Get creative with your makeup bag and take the kiddie dress-up game to a new level. This faun makeup look is super-impressive and surprisingly DIY-able. (via Cos Couture)
22. No-Sew Kids Lion Halloween Costume: Wanna play king for a day? This no-sew lion costume is totally fun. (via A Night Owl Blog)
23. Raven Mask ($59): Can you say… HOT?
24. Big Bad Wolf Hoodie: DIY enthusiasts, Halloween is the perfect time to get your game on. (via Martha Stewart)
25. Animal Ear Clips: This easy tutorial might be the last minute and/or work-appropriate costume of your dreams. (via Gleeful Things)
26. DIY Snail Costume: Have you ever seen a snail as cuddly as this one? We didn’t think so. (via Oh Happy Day)
27. Cow Costume ($48): Halloween just doesn’t get any more comfy than this cow costume.
28. Handmade Hooty Owl Costume: This costume gets its inspiration from our feathered friends. Proof that DIYs are a zillion times more creative than anything you’ll find in a superstore. (via My Owl Barn)
29. Newborn Caterpillar Costume ($49): Bundle up your newborn in this Eric Carle-inspired costume. It’s just about as snuggly as they come and, if you’re a master crochet-er, we believe in your ability to DIY this adorableness!
30. Dog Costume: To recreate your child’s favorite animal, spray paint brown spots onto a grey hooded sweatshirt and sweatpants, then add a brown felt tail and ears. Almost too easy. (via BHG)
31. Foxy Halloween Costume: This foxy getup is as non-basic as it gets. With a bit of makeup and a quick hair transformation you’ll blow everyone’s minds. (via Katie Nash)
32. Madame Butterfly Costume: You can bet that no one at your party will do a butterfly like this! Let Martha help you craft a beautiful butterfly hairpiece using a flurry of the winged beauties (artificial, of course). (via Martha Stewart)
33. No-Sew Felt Bunny Ears: You can take a bunny costume one of a thousand different ways. Go cute, go sexy, go too sexy, but top it off with this easy DIY. (via One Little Minute)
34. The Giraffe: It’s amazing what you can accomplish with a bit of makeup. It makes even the simplest ideas completely magical. (via Daily Candy)
35. Denim-Clad Horse People: Get a little country and a little creepy with this easy last minute couples costume. (via Brit + Co)
36. Birds of a Feather Costume: DIY these flamingo and parrot costumes (or switch up the color to craft any bird!) for you and your bestie. (via BurdaStyle)
37. Lion Mask ($68): Tease your hair and turn this into a pretty sweet last minute costume.
38. Faux Fur Tail + Ears Tutorial: These simple sewing tutorials will transform you into any animal you want based on what faux fur you pick. (via jessyratfink on Instructables)
39. DIY Halloween Zebra Costume: Go for Best in Class with this easy to make zebra costume. That mane will be the talk of the party! (via Baby Gizmo)
40. DIY Jellyfish Costume: Wanna be that mom who comes up with cool out-of-the-box costume? Well, you can stop racking your brain because we’ve just located the prettiest DIY. This jellyfish might just be our favorite of the bunch — and you could DIY an adult version with longer tentacles! (via Style Me Pretty)
41. DIY Leopard Costume: Perfect for the kitty cat who has all leopard errything, you could rock this look at work, at Halloween Happy Hour and, heck, like on a Tuesday. (via Joy of Fashion)
42. Bat Headband: Dreaming up cool Halloween accessories doesn’t have to be a dreadful to-do. Check out this boo-tiful idea. (via Martha Stewart)
43. Bjork Swan Dress Tutorial: No one will ever guess that this dress was a DIY. Bjork’s got nothing on her. (via A Beautiful Mess)
44. Halloween Bunny Ears and Dress Up Kit ($23): Why not go a bit more cutting edge with your costume? This ensemble from ASOS has all the items you need to transform into a bunny for a few bucks.
45. Kids’ Giraffe Costume: This impressive DIY is (wait for it) actually really inexpensive to do using posterboard and ModPodge. That’s right, you might even have the goodies to make it right now. (via All You)
46. Butterfly Costume: Bust out your tie dying skills on Halloween for more than a hippy costume. (via Oh Happy Day)
47. The Perfect Black Cat: Okay, so here’s the thing about the black cat. A lot of people will be doing it. So if you want go for this look, better to go DIY. And sassy. (via Brit + Co)
48. Care Bear Family: What? Care Bears count as animals — especially when the whole family gets involved in an amazing DIY project that calls for some sorbet-hued sweatsuits and a set of crafting skillz. (via See Vanessa Craft)
49. + 50. Fantastic Mr. Fox Sibling Costume + Couples Costume: Pop culture + animal-inspired = this DIY idea that you can do to any degree (the print in the kiddy costume is hand-painted, but the masks in the adult version could be a last minute hack). It makes a sweet sibling ensemble or works for grownup Wes Anderson fans who have the Hallotween look down pat and can’t be Margot and Richie Tenenbaum one more year. (via Skirt As Top + A Beautiful Mess)
51. DIY Bird Mask: This gorgeous mask can be crafted with crepe and dressed up with your outfit of choice. (via Martha Stewart)
52. Skunk ($30): Too cute to be stinky.
53. Unicorn ($150): What little girl isn’t in love with the idea of the unicorn? Turn fantasy into reality with this mystical costume — or use it as DIY inspo.
54. Crocodile Costume: What can you create with a cardboard box, butcher paper and some tape? Why, this crocodile, of course! (via Evil Mad Scientist)
55. Baby Hedgehog Tutorial: One and a half yards of fleece, one cute last minute costume for your little one. Clever. (via Alida Makes)
56. DIY Kitty Costume: There are quite a few cat costume tutorials out there, but none that show you how to turn cheap slippers into the perfect animal paws! (via KSW & Co.)
57. Dress Up Your Lips: There might not be a tutorial attached to these kissers, but may we recommend using them as inspo for the best lowkey look ever? (via lolhit)
58. Lobster ($50): Remember the epic lobster in a pot baby? He may have just met his rival.
59. Goldilocks and the Three Bears: Family of four, you’ve just found this year’s coordinating costumes. We find these bear heads slightly disturbing but they’re sure to make a statement. (via A Beautiful Mess)
60. DIY Animal Scarves Out of Stuffed Animals: Complete your child’s wild ensemble with a DIY animal scarf. The best part about this? The scarves were made from actual stuffed animals. (via A Subtle Revelry)
61. No-Sew Dinosaur Costume: Dinos are animals too, right? Yes, especially when they’re this adorbs and this easy to make. (via Gingersnap Crafts)
62. DIY Spider Costume: Consider this a Halloween intervention — we’re bringing you the coolest creepy-crawly spider costume EVER. This will be an epic DIY. (via Pretty Providence)
63. DIY Bat Costume: We’re batty for this DIY. (via MADE)
64. DIY Simple Big Bad Wolf Mask: A few steps are all that’s required to make a big bad wolf mask. Get ready to brag, “I DIYed it!” (via Two Naps by Noon)
65. DIY Sheep Costume: This getup is anything but sheepish. (teehehehe) (via Joy of Fashion)
P.S. We can’t wait to hear about all your creative creations! Talk with us about your costume creations in the comments (and don’t forget to enter this year’s Halloween Costume Contest!)