10 Epic, Off-Beat Bachelor Party Destinations
Fellas, you can do better than debauchery and strippers for your best guy, and we’ve got 10 ways to show you how. Forego the cliché and kick things up a notch to give the groom a bachelor party that’s truly memorable. Think: adventure, adrenaline-pumping excursions, relaxation and one-of-a-kind experiences. This is not your ho-hum bachelor party, guys, so get ready for the ultimate in male bonding.
1. The Great Escape: Class things up on Mexico’s Baja Peninsula at the Esperanza Auberge Resort. The “Peak Performance” package does all the party planning for you, so you can spend your days relaxing on the beach, enjoying desert racing in the Baja outback, partaking in a private tequila tasting and cigar sampling, or sweating to a TRX class. (via Esperanza Auberge Resorts)
2. For Real Dudes: Harken back to the days of the Wild West and spend a long weekend at a Dude Ranch. Tanque Verde offers packages that include horseback riding, hiking, single-track cycling, fishing, yoga and campfires in Tucson’s desert oasis. (via Tanque Verde)
3. For The Refined: Shoot for something a little more luxe and arrange a private whiskey tasting. The Whiskey Attic houses the greatest whiskey collection from around the world, with over 1,800 whiskeys. If you and the guys can’t get to Vegas, select a posh bar near you and arrange a whiskey tasting for an extraordinary bar experience. (via Whiskey Attic)
4. For Easy Riders: Looking for the ultimate male-bonding trip of a lifetime? Grab your best guys and take to the open road behind the purring wheel of a Harley Davidson Sportster. Select from several epic motorcycle tours that stretch from two to ten days and span coastal vistas and desert oases. Ride on. (via The Roadery)
5. For Outdoorsmen: Dust off the backpack and hiking boots and prepare for the greatest man-friend adventure ever: hiking a portion of the Appalachian Trail. It’s the stuff that outdoorsmen’s dreams are made of. (via Without Baggage)
6. For The Fast and Furious: Zip up those race suits, don a helmet and enroll your best crew of guys into this epic endurance race for beaters that cost $500 or less. “24 Hours of LeMons” hosts races across the country and gives crazy guys like you a chance to race the car on a track while enjoying a weekend of roaring noise, prizes and water fights. (via 24 Hours of LeMons)
7. For the Wet and Wild: Live on the wild side with a weekend filled with white-water rafting. American White Water rafting offers some great packages, including camping adventures, golfing, wine tasting and paragliding. This trip is sure to provide the groom and his buds one heck of an adrenaline-surged bachelor party. (via American White Water Rafting)
10. For Perfect Gentlemen: Badrutt’s Palace’s “License to Wed” is the perfect excursion for the main stag event. Don your bow ties and prepare to put the groom to a marriage test. He’ll have to prove his washing and ironing skills, plus have his gentlemanly manners approved by the butler before preparing a meal tasted by the head chef. Of course, the palace isn’t all work and no play. After he passes, you can enjoy a pub crawl through St. Moritz, make a summer day of sailing or race toboggans in winter. (via Badrutt’s Palace)
Fill us in, guys: How are you going to give the groom an unforgettable bachelor party? Let us know in the comments!