Everything You Need for a Bangin’ Bachelorette Pool Party
Hey, hey! The girls are all together, your BFF is tying the knot in T-minus a few days or weeks and it’s time to party hard. If you’re creative and you know hitting the club for a bachelorette party isn’t quite up the bride’s alley, then it’s time to take a childhood favorite for a spin. That’s right, we’re talking about those epic pool parties! Skip the sky-high heels and “Buy Me a Drink” sashes this time around and get ready to hit the water for a last hurrah that’s sure to be a hit.
2. Cocktail Bar: Create a make-your-own cocktail bar to add DIY flair and keep every palette happy. Be sure to stock up on a variety of known favorites to leave room for lots of different flavor combos. (via Brit + Co)
4. Welcome Kits: Make sure everyone feels the warm welcome with a themed kit filled with everything they’ll need. Note that magazines are totally a necessity for proper beach or pool lounging. (via Brides)
5. Watermelon Favors: These cute watermelon favors can be filled with anything, so don’t be shy and get creative — wedding day essentials, a hangover recovery kit and/or a cute thank-you package are all good options. (via Oh Happy Day)
6. Pineapple Drinks in Pineapple Cups: What’s better than sipping on a piña colada? Drinking it straight from the source. This drink is whimsical, delish and the ultimate baller photo op. (via Sugar and Charm)
7. Cake Batter Ice Cream Balls: It won’t be long before you’re watching your friend get cake smudged on her face in the name of tradition. As cute as that is, you can get a bridal feel now without the frosting-based mess. Make ice cream balls to nosh on during the bachelorette bash and save the big cake for the big day. (via Oh Sweet Basil)
8. Fruit Cones: Give the girls something that’s just as good to look at as it is to eat. These pretty fruit cones are a great sweet fix, but are light enough munching for the hottest of days. (via My Fussy Eater)
9. Letter Balloons: One of the perks of not club-hopping is that you can use stationary decor, like these crazy cool balloons. We suggest spelling out a word to convey tons of fun. (via Brit + Co)
10. Beach Ball Garland: While there will hopefully be no ball-tossing at the ceremony itself, this cute and easy-to-make ball garland is a nice touch for a pool party. Bonus points if you paint the stripes in the wedding colors. (via Studio DIY)
12. Giant Jenga: While swimming and sipping totally count as activity in our book, throwing a game in for good measure is always a good idea. Larger-than-life Jenga is sure to be a hit. (via A Beautiful Mess)
13. Floral Pineapple Centerpieces: Remind your bride of that post-wedding trip she’s about to enjoy! These pineapple centerpieces are perfect for the gal who’s heading to a tropical locale post-vows. (via Sugar and Cloth)
15. Flamingo Straws: Flamingos are a summer staple right now. Add them to straws to make sips a little more whimsical, and be sure to grab a shot of the bridal party horsing around with these guys. (via Hostess With the Mostess)
16. Donut Float: This now-ubiquitous pool float is a silly touch that anyone and everyone will appreciate. Encourage the bride to coast in the pool while hanging on this sweet treat. (via Brit + Co)
17. Papapya Poptails: Drinks in popsicles form help the pool-party age hit adulthood. Enjoy these perked-up childhood favorites and enjoy your alternative party that’s still packed with fun. (via The View from Great Island)
What kind of bachelorette party will you be throwing or attending this summer? Tell us about it in the comments!