10 Ways to Decorate with Typography
We are total typophiles, word nerds, and font junkies here at Brit + Co. If we see something in a foxy font, we just have to have it. We’ve already shown you a collection of doormats that say the darnedest things but now we’re looking to take your love of type to the next level. Now, presenting 10 awesome typographic pieces of decor for you home.
1. Letter Stools (contact to order): Bright colors always win with us, and these letter stools are definitely our jam. We love the idea of putting these in a kid’s room or den.
2. Typeshelf ($165): It’s a shelf that says shelf. So meta.
4. Typographia Chairs (contact to order): Another set that lets you order letter by letter, these would make perfect waiting room chairs for a Silicon Valley startup.
5. Type Chess Set ($420): What other classic games lend themselves to typography fun?
6. QWERTY Couch (concept): QWERTY keyboards are still cool, but now in chair form!
7. Read Your Bookcase (contact to order): Seriously, how amazing is this bookcase? It’s art meets function in an awesome way.
8. Typographic Time Zone Clocks ($85): If you’ve got lots of relatives, colleagues, and/or friends in multiple time zones, you’ll love these time zone clocks.
9. Vers Libre Candle Holders ($45 and up): These have wedding DIY project all over them – you could try making them using old letterpress letters!
10. Aluminum Ampersand ($54): And last, the ever-present ampersand.
And just for good measure, another shot of these gorgeous Typographia chairs. Do we see a Brit + Co. set in our future? ;)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)