Rethink the Table: 22 Bedside Alternatives
The often neglected bedside space has a ton of personality potential. And we’re not talking about your grandma’s doily-covered nightstand. (Although we do love a good doily when we see one.) We want some bedroom innovation that goes beyond stands and tables, so we’re shaking up the bedside game with alternative objects that appeal to our love of all things out of the ordinary.
1. Shelf to the Rescue: Okay, so this isn’t exactly beside your bed as much as it is behind your bed, but the purpose is the same. This simple shelf sits so perfectly atop a short headboard. We hate to be dramatic, but we’d like to call it a form meets function masterpiece. (via Solebich)
3. Chair + Bed: If the dainty chair is a little too cutesy for your taste, you can opt for a more functional solution with this chair/bed combo. Say, what? Yeah, mind-blowing, we know. (via Mieke Meijer)
4. Side of Cinderblock: The blunt modern edges and industrial textures make this one rock-solid statement table. It’s not great for people who roll out of bed in the middle of the night though. Ouch! (via Remodelista)
6. Hang it Up: This is a drawer turned into a hanging side table/lamp. You got all that? The best part about it is you only need a wee bit of space and elbow grease to make one of these for yourself. (via Design Sponge)
7. Headboard Heaven: Have we said how much we love double-duty furniture? Well let us say it officially: We love double-duty furniture! When your headboard is your side table all is right in the world… and in your bedroom. (via Tribeca Citizen)
10. Drawer Delusions: Let’s say you like the idea of a side table, but the bulk has you questioning your dedication to another piece of furniture. Wall decal + hanging drawer = solving everyday problems. (via Droog)
13. Consider Playtime: Little known fact: Everyone needs an indoor swing. And while you might not want to put a full glass of water on it, we love the adult take on this playground pastime. (via Interior Break)
What are you rocking bedside? Lay it out in the comments below!