5 Best Apps of the Week: A New Disney App + More!
It’s finally here! We’re not referring to warm weather or that it’s Saturday. Nope, we’re talking about best apps of the week time. This week, Disney’s popular Internet filter for families has finally launched their Android app. Plus, there’s an artificial intelligence-powered app that wants to make sure you eat well. Check out those and so much more below.
1. Disney’s Circle: Sure, you do have to get the accompanying Circle device ($99) to use this app, but Disney’s super popular Internet content filter/regulator is kind of a godsend for parents who want to limit their kids’ screen time and also keep tabs on what the li’l ones are accessing on the World Wide Web. Plus, the app is FINALLY in the Google Play Store. Woo-hoo!
2. Marsbot: Marsbot is an AI bot that will give you food recs based on YOUR preferences. And since it is AI, it learns what you like and don’t like and actually gets smarter over time. Marsbot will chat with you via the app like a friend. Plus, the app is powered by Foursquare, so you know it has the 411 on all the hotspots. Right now, it’s limited to NYC and SF, but don’t worry, it’s only a matter of time before it’s everywhere.
3. Morning Mail: Getting to inbox zero has never been easier. This app boasts to be the Tinder for your inbox, and if you’ve ever gotten swipe-happy on the dating app, then you can imagine how Morning Mail works. Your emails appear on an easy-to-read card. You swipe right to keep, swipe left to delete!
4. GroupClip: Now you can edit together simultaneous video clips from all your friends in a few simple taps. As you and your pals are recording, all footage is synced up in the cloud, which you can then string together to create awesome multi-camera clips. Pretty nifty, eh?
5. Unfaded: Okay, okay, yes. $4.99 for an app is not a number to sniff at, but think about how priceless your memories are. All you have to do is scan your old photos with your iPhone (that is, take pics of your pics) and Unfaded will work its magic to bring your time- or sun-faded photos back to their old vibrant selves.
DL It: $4.99 on iOS
What was your favorite app of the week? Tweet us @BritandCo!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)