5 Best Apps of the Week: SoundCloud, A No-BS Career Advice App + More!
One of the best parts about having a smartphone is how it can actually simplify your life. With apps that streamline your life and capitalize on efficiency, you can stay connected AND get back to your real life more quickly. Here are the top five best apps of the week — we think you’re gonna like these. There’s a new keyboard that streamlines your responses (because you know you really need four responses to most requests). Also, SoundCloud lovers can now access their accounts directly from their Android phones. Check it out.
1. Clarity Keyboard: This keyboard truly aims to simplify your life by only giving you four options to respond to text messages with (Note: the one with the asterisk is actually NOT what is shown in the real app. The real word is an expletive we won’t print here.) Once you download the app, you can enable it in Settings by going to Settings > General > Keyboards.
2. Real Talk: Real Talk is an app that gives real career advice to people who are seeking jobs in all kinds of fields. The advice is actually written in a no-BS manner by real people — and yes, one of those people who have participated on this app is none other than Drake’s barber. If you wanna know how he got that gig, you have to d/l the app.
3. Unroll.Me: This app is like Tinder for all your email spam. All those old newsletters you once signed up for can easily be banished with a swipe with Unroll.Me. Swipe left to unsubscribe, right to keep. There’s even a nifty option that allows you to “roll up” or group together the newsletters you want to stay subscribed to so your inbox can be blissfully organized.
4. SoundCloud Pulse: Music makers, rejoice! SoundCloud Pulse is now on Android (sorry, iOS users, yours is coming). If you’re a SoundCloud user, you can now easily manage your content, respond to comments and even track the stats on your songs directly from your smartphone.
DL It: Free on Android
5. Rekky: Sometimes you want to try out a new place, and sure, you might be able to look up reviews and all that, but sometimes those reviews aren’t always on point. Enter Rekky. It’s like Yelp but better, because it allows you to access the recommendations of friends and tastemakers you actually trust.
What was your favorite app of the week? Share your thoughts with us below or Tweet us @britandco!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)