Get Your Glow on With 13 Hot Highlighters
Fall’s darker hues and darker days are no excuse for letting your complexion go dim, especially not when it’s so easy to keep skin bright with help from this year’s most versatile beauty product — highlighter. Whether you’re on team strobing or team contouring, highlighter is a true must-have for any makeup bag.
We rummaged through our own collections to bring you some of our very fave highlighters sure that they’ll leave your skin glimmering no matter the season. Just because your new fall wardrobe totally reflects the chilly weather and limited sunlight doesn’t mean your face has to. Stay bright with our top picks!
1. theBalm cosmetics Mary-Lou Manizer ($24): Behind this ultra-cute packaging comes a seriously smart highlighter. This three-in-one highlighter, eyeshadow and all-over shimmer is made up of light-reflecting silica particles, which pretty much means it’s going to leave your skin nothing short of flawless. (Photo via @thebalm_cosmetics)
2. Benefit Highbeam ($26): No matter your skin type, this classic is the answer for anyone seeking a dewy glow. Its unique liquid formula allows you complete control over your highlight, perfect for achieving a Rihanna-worthy sparkle. (Photo via @benefitcosmetics)
3. Laura Geller Cosmetics Baked Gelato Swirl Illuminator ($27) and Baked Highlighter Duo ($37): If you’re looking for a set of highlighters to add to your collection that are sure to pack a punch, go for this pairing from Laura Geller. Both are sheer, creamy and sure to make your skin soft as velvet and glittery as diamonds. (Photo via @lauragellerbeauty)
4. Mac Cosmetics Mineralize Skinfinish ($32): This non-acnegenic powder’s main feature is its 77-Mineral Complex. Good for creating highlights on both face and body, it promises to make you nothing short of luminous. Pair with your fave brush and get to swirling.
5. Pumpkin and Poppy Cosmetics Unveiled Cream Face Highlighter ($11): Animal lovers, this 100% cruelty-free and vegan highlighter is just what you need to help out your furry friends while you get glam.
6. MommaB’sNaturals All Natural Pure Highlighting Luminizer ($6): Lovers of natural skincare, never fear. Highlight with zero additives, fragrance or fillers with this coconut oil- and beeswax-based product.
7. Becca Cosmetics Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed ($38): Available in six sparkling shades, this creamy highlighter is for those who are ready to commit to a life (or a night out) of glam and glitz. Plus, it’s paraben free. (Photo via @beccacosmetics)
8. Tarte Cosmetics Park Ave Princess Contour Palette Volume 2 ($34): Get everything you need for a perfectly structured face with Tarte’s three-in-one contouring palette. Enjoy a fade-proof, waterproof glow all year round. (Photo via @tartecosmetics)
9. Keeping It Natural Mineral Highlighter ($8): If you’re big on the mineral makeup craze, you’ll love this highlighter. Get your glow on with zero waxes, oils, artificial colors, fragrance, bismuth or talc.
10. Ilia Sway Illuminator ($34): Heal your skin while you highlight with help from the rose hip oil used in this unique stick highlighter.
13. Josie Moran Argan Brightening Face Balm ($32): Brighten skin with this combination of lemon oil, orange oil, anti-oxidant rich Argan Oil and bearberry. You can wear this balm over, under and without makeup for bright, moisturized skin.
What’s your go-to when your skin could use some glitz? Share your fave in the comments below!