10 Self-Watering Planters That Make Gardening SO Much Easier
It’s never been trendier to have a lush, plant-filled home. With snake plants popping up all over Instagram and the “jungalow” look going strong, it can seem like everybody is a total natural when it comes to keeping plants alive. But here’s a secret: Even the most forgetful plant lover can bring some green into her life with the help of self-watering planters. Just fill ’em up once a month or so and you’re all set, thanks to a wick mechanism that draws water into the soil when needed. You’ll never under- (or over-) water your little green buddies again. Now you just need to go plant shopping.
1. Gardener’s Supply Co. Weave Self-Watering Hanging Basket ($20): We love the woven finish of this hanging planter, which comes in springy pastels perfect for displaying on your front porch.
2. Santino Deco Self-Watering Pot Planter ($14): A cheery purple pot brightens up any corner.
3. Lechuza Quadro Self-Watering Pot Planter ($49): Your prized monstera will be right at home in this oversized floor planter.
4. Gardener’s Revolution Classic Vine Planter ($119): Space at a premium? Go vertical with this vine planter. Both decorative vines and more practical ones (tomatoes, yum!) will thrive here.
5. Algreen Modena Cappuccino Cup Planters ($30 for two): These are not your average coffee cups. The cappuccino-inspired planters would look adorable on open shelving.
6. Lechuza Self-Watering Garden Planter ($50): This sleek design is the perfect size for a windowsill, and comes in both metallic finishes and glossy, on-trend hues like this violet shade.
7. EMSCO Bountiful Harvest Raised Bed Grow Box ($52): For those lucky enough to have a bit of outdoor space, this mighty little grow box is a great option. Bonus: It’s easy to move around at a moment’s notice thanks to the casters.
8. Cole & Mason Self-Watering Indoor Herb Garden Planter ($20): For apartment-dwellers, a windowsill herb garden is a more space-friendly option. These specialized self-watering planters will have you tossing homegrown basil into your next dish in no time.
9. Sagaform Herb Pot ($30): Designer Ann-Carin Wiktorsson reimagined the self-watering pot with this Scandi-cool silhouette.
10. Umbra Shift Pleated Planter ($60): A textural take on the classic terra cotta pot, this fresh planter is just begging to be Instagrammed.
Looking for more #plantlife inspo? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.