Labor Day may mark the end of summer (sad!), but for most of us, it also offers an opportunity to shop for end of summer/beginning of fall deals! If retail therapy is one of your preferred coping mechanisms, tracking down bargains over the upcoming weeks may be the ideal way for you to say goodbye to sweet, sweet summertime. These seven items will be marked down in September, so get ’em while the getting’s good!
1. School + Office Supplies: The kiddos are heading back to school, and whether you’re a parent prepping your littles or a lady boss getting ready to go to class yourself this fall — or simply low on pens and pencils! — office supply stores and big box merchandisers have you covered this month. You’ll find great deals on all things stationery-related in September, especially early on.
2. Computers + Printers: Manufacturers often release new models of laptops, desktops, and printers closer to the holiday season, so keep your eyes peeled for great deals on these pricey items in September.
3. Home Maintenance Supplies: Retailers know that homeowners do a lot of their best home improvement work in the summer, so many of them will drop prices on paint, lawnmowers, and other supplies as the season comes to an end. A fixer upper’s job is never done, though, so if you have a little extra storage space, take advantage of September sales to stock up so you’re ready to dive into more projects down the road. You’ll also find clearances on snow blowers this month. Why pay someone to clear your sidewalk this winter when you can get out there and do it all on your own (with equipment that was a steal on sale?).
4. Grapes + Apples: September is peak season for grapes and apples in the US, so stock up on these fruits now while the prices are good. Apple picking (and apple pie baking, of course!) is also a great way to spend a fall afternoon, so grab some friends and get outside!
5. Mattresses: Are you in dire need of some serious rest after a summer of (maybe a little too much) fun? If so, we have some good news for you. This month is the perfect time to re-feather your nest with a mattress that will keep you comfy and cozy into the fall. Around the holiday weekend, you may see mattresses marked down as much as 50 percent!
6. Outdoor Furniture + Grills: Prices on patio furniture were already pretty hot in August, but end-of-season blowout sales will have them dropping even further this month. The selection of available BBQ supplies and deck furniture may be limited this late in the year, but if you’re not too picky and simply want to outfit your outdoors for fall gatherings and the warmer days ahead, September is a great time to do it.
7. Large Appliances: New models of big ticket items like washing machines, dryers, stoves, ovens, and dishwashers hit showrooms later in the fall, so retailers are working hard to clear their current inventory this month.
What’s on your to-buy list this month? Tweet us @BritandCo!
(Design via Marisa Kumtong)