20 Protein-Packed Black Bean Recipes
Beans, beans… they’re good for your heart! Be good to your body, your budget and the environment by incorporating these protein-packed legumes into your diet. If you want to feel energetic, curb hunger and stay healthy, let this pantry staple take center stage during breakfast, lunch, dinner or even dessert. We have 20 protein-packed ways to get black beans on your plate, in your lunch box — even in your cookies!
2. Cocoa Black Bean Triple Oat Breakfast Bake: No need to yawn when you awake to this chocolatey breakfast bake. Don’t be turned off by the beans. You get all the nutrients minus the taste (crazy, right?!). (via Skinny Weighs)
3. Cajun Spiced Oatmeal With Red Peppers and Black Beans: Start your day with a spicy kick and say good morning to your taste buds with this savory bowl of oats. (via The Oatmeal Artist)
7. Black Bean Hummus: Traditionally made with chickpeas, the flavor of black beans is a welcomed change to this classic. Whip up a big bowl and share with your friends. (via Flour Child)
10. Feijoada: Brazil’s national dish is meant to be shared with friends. Prepare this one-pot meal filled with hearty beans and salted meats. Be sure to stick to tradition and serve feijoada with steamed rice, shredded kale or collard greens and orange slices. (via Simply Recipes)
14. Really Awesome Black Bean Burgers: For connoisseurs of bean burgers, you may relate to the dreaded mush dilemma. This recipe has resolved the issue, and what you get is a hearty-not-heavy burger begging you to sink your teeth into. (via Food Lab)
15. Black Bean “Meatballs”: Seasoned with Italian flavors, these bean balls served atop spaghetti and marinara will become a family favorite. (via The Plant Strong Vegan)
16. Black Bean, Sweet Potato and Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers: You’ve hit the motherlode with these stuffed peppers. Flavorful and chock full of veggies, it’s a meal good for the body and the taste buds. (via Ambitious Kitchen)
18. Chocolate Black Bean Power Cookies: Whether you’re traveling, working out or just have a craving but want to be healthy, eat these! The fiber and protein from the black beans are what makes these cookies POWERFUL. (via Green Kitchen Stories)
Let us know how you’re dishing out black beans by spilling the beans in the comments below.