As we settle into these icy winter months (baking our way through the season with delicious treats), it’s important to remember to give your skin the TLC it needs. Moisturizing and exfoliating are super necessary to help ensure you don’t fall victim to the dullness, dryness and other winter beauty problems that Jack Frost seems to bring with him, and there’s one ingredient — which you can find in your cookies — that can save your skin this winter. It’s brown sugar, and it’s not just for baking anymore. To help fight off flaky skin, we’ve rounded up our favorite brown sugar scrubs for your face, body and beyond that will sweeten up and smooth out your winter beauty routine.
1. C.O. Bigelow Lemon Sugar Body Scrub ($20): This scrub is a one-way ticket to radiant and renewed skin. A blend of pure brown and white sugars scrubs skin to fresh softness while lemon extracts use their brightening properties to fight dull and dark spots.
2. Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub ($15): Time to wake up your skin! This scrub uses brown sugar, lime, lemon, vanilla musk, sea salt and macadamia oils to make your skin supple and smooth. It’s great for dry legs, elbows and just about everywhere else.
3. Sara Happ The Lip Scrub Brown Sugar Lip Exfoliator ($24): Get your silkiest pout yet when you massage this scrub on your lips. Brown sugar, jojoba and grapeseed oils condition skin and eliminate dryness and flakes. Just try not to eat it.
4. DIY Brown Sugar and Olive Oil Hair Mask: Your head sweats a lot more than you may realize (ew, but seriously guys, #beaniehair). Use this recipe to whip up a scrub that will exfoliate your scalp to remove sweat and oil buildup that’s accumulated over time. (via Free People)
5. Archipelago Brown Sugar Sugar Scrub ($19): Gentle and pure, this brown sugar scrub will banish skin dullness while removing dirt, toxins and dead cells for a perfect finish.
6. Missha Brown Sugar Facial Scrub ($13): Use this facial scrub to get clean, fresh, ultra soft skin. Brown sugar crystals slough dead skin away while olive and sunflower oils work with lavender and chamomile to soothe redness and irritation.
7. LaLicious Brown Sugar Vanilla Sugar Scrub ($35): The brown sugar crystals in this whipped scrub carefully get rid of your excess dead and dry skin while nourishing from head to toe with coconut and almond oils.
8. Jane Iredale Sugar & Butter Lip Exfoliator & Plumper ($25): Kissable lips are right around the corner. This exfoliator and plumper duo gently smooths out your mouth for mega flawless lipstick application. It uses no chemical preservatives or synthetic dyes, so you can just lick the scrub right off when you’re done.
9. Fresh Brown Sugar Body Polish ($65): Invigorate your whole body with this polishing scrub. In just one quick shower, you can moisturize and wash your way to smooth skin with pure brown sugar and oil exfoliants.
Tweet us about which body scrubs you’re planning to try this winter @britandco!