14 Recipes for the Perfect Brunch Picnic
Warming temps mean it’s time to get outside, soak up some rays and enjoy the arrival of spring at its fullest. And what better way to do all that than with a picnic? Go ahead and get the ol’ basket out of storage, and load it up with a selection of these 14 ultra-portable eats. Then all you need to do is hit up your nearest park this weekend in lieu of your fave brunch spot. Now that’s what we’d call al fresco, budget-friendly dining at its finest!
2. Rise and Shine Buckwheat Breakfast Jar: The beauty of this whole-grain-filled breakfast jar is that it can be customized with just about any nuts and dried fruit you might have on hand. (via Happy Hearted Kitchen)
5. Chocolate-Dipped Coconut Peanut Granola Bars: Picnics, hikes, lunch boxes… there’s nowhere these granola bars can’t go. Keep them in a cooler or skip the chocolate if it’s going to be a hot day. (via Mitzy at Home)
6. Chocolate Chip Coconut Overnight Oats: Coconut and chocolate chips make these oats taste more like dessert than breakfast, but they’re still chock-full of healthy whole grains and fiber. (via The Pretty Bee)
7. Balsamic Basil Strawberries With Greek Yogurt and Croissants: Pick up fresh croissants from the bakery when you’re on the way to your picnic destination. The sweet, tart and ever-so-slightly savory flavor of this strawberry mix pairs so well with all of the buttery layers. (via Nancy’s Cravings)
10. Berry Breakfast Jar: It’s just about impossible to resist the charms of these thoughtfully assembled jars. Featuring berries, vanilla bean-scented yogurt, muesli, nut butter and more, the mix of elements is out of this world. (via Kenkō Kitchen)
11. Strawberry Coconut Chia Pudding: You don’t need to wait until summer’s harvest to make these puddings. Frozen berries — strawberries or your fave variety — work just as well as their fresh counterparts. (via Cashew Kitchen)
12. Superfood Green-ola Bars: Nutrient-dense spirulina, assorted seeds and lots more make this granola truly worthy of the title “superfood.” Enjoy them in bar form or crumble them into a Mason jar along with yogurt and fruit for a super parfait. (via Petit World Citizen)
13. Chai-Spiced Yogurt With Warm Berry Sauce (Dairy-Free): Blending almond milk and coconut cream with spices makes one tasty, dairy-free yogurt swap. It’s good enough as is, but a layer of homemade berry sauce takes things to the next level. (via Simple Roots Wellness)
14. Strawberry Shortcake Chia Seed Pudding (Vegan): After resting for just a few hours, the corn flakes develop an almost cake-like texture. Use cereal sans gluten-containing ingredients to make them safe for those sensitive to the protein. (via Cookies to Kale)
What foods would you choose for your ideal brunch basket? Share your picks with us in the comments!