Get a Behind-the-Scenes Look at Caitlyn Jenner’s Vanity Fair Beauty Prep
By now, we’re guessing you’ve seen the instantly-iconic image of Caitlyn Jenner on the cover of Vanity Fair. The stunning 65-year-old, formerly known to the world as Bruce, looked utterly gorgeous in a sleek satin one piece and tousled curls. While Caitlyn’s stunning metamorphasis is what caught our eye initially, the true beauty of the cover comes from the unrelenting sense of bravery Caitlyn has demonstrated throughout her transition. Laverne Cox, the transgender actress, producer and activist spoke out about Jenner’s photos in a Tumblr post. She writes, “Yes, Caitlyn looks amazing and is beautiful but what I think is most beautiful about her is her heart and soul, the ways she has allowed the world into her vulnerabilities. The love and devotion she has for her family and that they have for her. Her courage to move past denial into her truth so publicly. These things are beyond beautiful to me.”
We couldn’t agree more that it is important first and foremost to give props to Caitlyn for all the progress she represents (and for her own personal journey), we can’t deny that she looks stunning on the magazine cover. And as beauty mavens, we were excited to see that Vanity Fair‘s beauty editor, SunHee Grinnell had revealed exactly what went into Caitlyn’s cover look.
Vanity Fair called in an all-star glam squad for this monumental moment including makeup artist Mark Carrasquillo, hairstylist giant Oribe and celebrity manicurist Deborah Lippmann. Scroll on down to check out some of the highlighted products discussed in the article.
1. Tom Ford Traceless Foundation SPF 15 ($80): After some pre-makeup prep, Carrasquillo began by applying this natural-finish, long-wearing, humidity-resistant foundation that hydrates and evens skin.
2. Sculpting Powder by Kevyn Aucoin ($44): Carrasquillo skipped the typical eyeshadow application and used this contouring product instead by softly blending it in her crease and along her lower lashes.
3. Serge Lutens Lip Pencil ($55) While Caitlyn does rock some bold red lips in the editorial spread, she isn’t wearing any in the cover shot. Instead she’s sporting this nude colored lip pencil with a bit of balm. Yes, we will be borrowing that pro tip, thanks very much.
5. Signature Royal Blowout Heat Styling Spray ($64): After that, he applied this styling spray to create lasting volume.
6. Lady Is a Tramp ($18): For Caitlyn’s first ever covergirl manicure, Lippmann decided to embrace the color that had become a statement throughout the shoot in this sultry shade of red.
What are your thoughts on Caitlyn Jenner’s debut? Let us know in the comments.
(Photo via Vanity Fair)