10 Surprising Celebs Who’ve Hit the Campaign Trail + Who They’re Supporting
With the presidential race heating up, the campaign trail is growing ever more star-studded. Since we last checked in on the candidates’ celeb endorsements, even more famous faces have stepped in to declare their support for one candidate or another. Let’s take a break from looking at the economic, environmental and family issues that matter most in this election to see which stars support your fave candidate, shall we?
1. George Clooney: A mainstay of the liberal Hollywood scene (which isn’t actually everyone in Hollywood, despite what you might think), George Clooney threw a lavish fundraiser to aid Barack Obama’s re-election bid in 2012. It brought $15 million to the campaign, according to Page Six, which reports that he’ll do the same this year for Hillary Clinton, using his clout as a famous, wealthy person with many wealthy friends and acquaintances to rake in the dough again. (Photo via Neilson Barnard/Getty Images)
— Abbi Jacobson (@abbijacobson) April 12, 2015
2. Abbi Jacobson: When Hillary Clinton had a cameo in an episode of Broad City‘s third season, stars Abbi Jacobson and Ilana Glazer said in no uncertain terms that it wasn’t intended as a political statement. However, Abbi tweeted what appears to be a pretty clear message of support for Hillary last April. The cameo may not have been an endorsement, but this tweet certainly seems to be.
Celebs Supporting Ted Cruz
3. Phil Robertson: If you’ve ever watched Duck Dynasty you’ll recognize Phil Robertson as the patriarch of the titular dynasty. He’s gotten himself into hot water repeatedly for making homophobic remarks, including while supporting his candidate of choice: Ted Cruz. (Screenshot via YouTube)
4. Clint Howard: He’s not as high-profile as his brother, renowned director and actor Ron, but Clint Howard has made a name for himself as a character actor in TV shows and movies for decades. More recently, Clint has been a vocal supporter of Senator Ted Cruz’s presidential ambitions. Cruz’s foreign policy and pro-life agenda are two major factors Howard cited in explaining his support to CNN. (Photo via Astrid Stawiarz/Getty Images)
Celebs Supporting John Kasich
5. Tim Allen: Tim “The Tool Man” Taylor, aka Tim Allen, aka star of ’90s sitcom Home Improvement and such illustrious films as Road Dogs, may be a staunch conservative, but he’s a staunch conservative with a heart, or something. Allen has spoken publicly about his support for underdog GOP candidate John Kasich, whom he called “a Republican that a Democrat could vote for.” Whether any Democrats agree is yet to be put to the test, but maybe! (Photo via Angela Weiss/Getty Images)
6. Montel Williams: Longtime TV personality and on-again, off-again Republican Montel Williams penned a lengthy ode for USA Today to explain his support for John Kasich, whom he described as the “adult” we need to elect. Montel was a member of the Republican Party until the early 1990s, and he wrote that Kasich is the first GOP candidate he’s been genuinely excited about since then. (Photo via Alex B. Huckle/Getty Images)
Celebs Supporting Bernie Sanders
7. Mark Ruffalo: Your woke bae Mark Ruffalo is all about Bernie Sanders. He stumped for Bernie in New York recently and generally spends a lot of time on Twitter extolling the virtues of his preferred candidate, in addition to talking about the environment and being handsome (just being handsome, not “talking about being handsome;” he’s not vain like that). (Photo via Rich Polk/Getty Images)
8. Zoë Kravitz: Take a look at Zoë Kravitz’s Instagram feed any day of the week and, like as not, you’ll see a pro-Bernie photo or video in the first couple items. She’s been spreading the Sanders gospel for months now, and shows no signs of stopping. (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty Images)
Celebs Supporting Donald Trump
— Dennis Rodman (@dennisrodman) February 26, 2016
9. Dennis Rodman: The former pro basketball player-turned failed Celebrity Apprentice contestant apparently harbors no ill will over being fired from Donald Trump’s show, as he’s stepped up to support the business magnate’s bid for the Republican nomination. In late February, Dennis tweeted at Ted Cruz that Trump is “about to fire your a*s too!” D’awwww.
10. Tom Brady: Both Tom Brady, quarterback for the New England Patriots, and Patriots owner Brad Kraft have spoken warmly about Donald Trump. Tom even had one of Donald’s signature “Make America Great Again” hats in his locker during the 2015 NFL season, and has referred to him repeatedly as a friend. (Photo via Scott Halleran/Getty Images)
Is there a celebrity whose endorsement would convince you to vote for their candidate? Let us know on Twitter at @BritandCo!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.