With the presidential race heating up, the campaign trail is growing ever more star-studded. Since we last checked in on the candidates’ celeb endorsements, even more famous faces have stepped in to declare their support for one candidate or another. Let’s take a break from looking at the economic, environmental and family issues that matter most in this election to see which stars support your fave candidate, shall we?
Celebs Supporting Hillary Clinton
1. George Clooney: A mainstay of the liberal Hollywood scene (which isn’t actually everyone in Hollywood, despite what you might think), George Clooney threw a lavish fundraiser to aid Barack Obama’s re-election bid in 2012. It brought $15 million to the campaign, according to Page Six, which reports that he’ll do the same this year for Hillary Clinton, using his clout as a famous, wealthy person with many wealthy friends and acquaintances to rake in the dough again. (Photo via Neilson Barnard/Getty Images)
2. Abbi Jacobson: When Hillary Clinton had a cameo in an episode of Broad City‘s third season, stars Abbi Jacobson and Ilana Glazer said in no uncertain terms that it wasn’t intended as a political statement. However, Abbi tweeted what appears to be a pretty clear message of support for Hillary last April. The cameo may not have been an endorsement, but this tweet certainly seems to be.
Celebs Supporting Ted Cruz
3. Phil Robertson: If you’ve ever watched Duck Dynasty you’ll recognize Phil Robertson as the patriarch of the titular dynasty. He’s gotten himself into hot water repeatedly for making homophobic remarks, including while supporting his candidate of choice: Ted Cruz. (Screenshot via YouTube)
4. Clint Howard: He’s not as high-profile as his brother, renowned director and actor Ron, but Clint Howard has made a name for himself as a character actor in TV shows and movies for decades. More recently, Clint has been a vocal supporter of Senator Ted Cruz’s presidential ambitions. Cruz’s foreign policy and pro-life agenda are two major factors Howard cited in explaining his support to CNN. (Photo via Astrid Stawiarz/Getty Images)
Celebs Supporting John Kasich
5. Tim Allen: Tim “The Tool Man” Taylor, aka Tim Allen, aka star of ’90s sitcom Home Improvement and such illustrious films as Road Dogs, may be a staunch conservative, but he’s a staunch conservative with a heart, or something. Allen has spoken publicly about his support for underdog GOP candidate John Kasich, whom he called “a Republican that a Democrat could vote for.” Whether any Democrats agree is yet to be put to the test, but maybe! (Photo via Angela Weiss/Getty Images)
6. Montel Williams: Longtime TV personality and on-again, off-again Republican Montel Williams penned a lengthy ode for USA Today to explain his support for John Kasich, whom he described as the “adult” we need to elect. Montel was a member of the Republican Party until the early 1990s, and he wrote that Kasich is the first GOP candidate he’s been genuinely excited about since then. (Photo via Alex B. Huckle/Getty Images)
Celebs Supporting Bernie Sanders
7. Mark Ruffalo: Your woke bae Mark Ruffalo is all about Bernie Sanders. He stumped for Bernie in New York recently and generally spends a lot of time on Twitter extolling the virtues of his preferred candidate, in addition to talking about the environment and being handsome (just being handsome, not “talking about being handsome;” he’s not vain like that). (Photo via Rich Polk/Getty Images)
8. Zoë Kravitz: Take a look at Zoë Kravitz’s Instagram feed any day of the week and, like as not, you’ll see a pro-Bernie photo or video in the first couple items. She’s been spreading the Sanders gospel for months now, and shows no signs of stopping. (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty Images)
Celebs Supporting Donald Trump
9. Dennis Rodman: The former pro basketball player-turned failed Celebrity Apprentice contestant apparently harbors no ill will over being fired from Donald Trump’s show, as he’s stepped up to support the business magnate’s bid for the Republican nomination. In late February, Dennis tweeted at Ted Cruz that Trump is “about to fire your a*s too!” D’awwww.
10. Tom Brady: Both Tom Brady, quarterback for the New England Patriots, and Patriots owner Brad Kraft have spoken warmly about Donald Trump. Tom even had one of Donald’s signature “Make America Great Again” hats in his locker during the 2015 NFL season, and has referred to him repeatedly as a friend. (Photo via Scott Halleran/Getty Images)
Is there a celebrity whose endorsement would convince you to vote for their candidate? Let us know on Twitter at @BritandCo!