Welp, the holidays have passed and it’s official: 2017 has arrived. Along with a fresh batch of New Year’s resolutions, the new year brought with it a wealth of surprises where Hollywood is concerned. Keeping true to the “New Year, New You” mentality, Kim Kardashian came out of selfie-hibernation (see below) and the new Brangelina in town — AKA George and Amal Clooney — are reportedly expecting twins! As for our favorite way of keeping tabs on Hollywood (it always comes down to hair), we’ll put the gossip on hold while you enjoy these 16 beautiful looks at the week’s best celebrity locks.
1. Kim Kardashian West: Kim officially returned to social media with this atypical, minimalist photo. In totally new selfie-territory, Kim emerged rocking uber-long locks, worn stick straight and shiny down her back. We missed you, Kim!
2. Tamera Mowry: Somebody, please bring back Sister, Sister, if only it means we get to glimpse Tamera’s badass mane again! She’s got a gorgeous head of curls with some seriously next-level volume.
3. Tyra Banks: OMFG Tyra’s totally still got it! Her amazing dye job includes legit grombre ends, displayed on center-parted messy-pretty strands — the very definition of “effortlessly chic” hair.
4. Karlie Kloss: Karlie dropped jaws with those icy blue extensions she’s rocking with her other-wordly balayage. In her own words, she’s channeling her inner Elsa — and no, we don’t mean Hosk.
5. Bella Thorne: While we’re on the topic of super creative dye jobs, check out the aqua blue ends that Bella’s been sporting. Looks like she and her sis had a double date with some hair dye and both emerged with new vibrant shades.
6. Alexa Chung: It’s only fitting that the Queen of Cool-Girl style should have the most regal hair accessory on NYE. The fashion icon’s friend custom-made this edgy headdress, complete with sparkling gold stars encircling the fashionista.
7. Mariah Carey: Oh, Mimi, we’ve caught you looking like a haute mess (but also not unlike a glittery gold mermaid). When in doubt, you can always turn to a messy topknot bun like hers, the messier the better.
8. Lupita Nyong’o: Yay! Lupita commemorated the most famous hairstyle of 2016 (AKA her look from the 2016 Met Gala) with this selfie of the epic ‘do and the team that made it possible.
9. Leomie Anderson: Um, wow. Leomie looks beyond gorg in this sideswept feminine style, with shiny, smooth strands falling in soft waves. This is one of our fave looks ever on the model.
10. Emma Roberts: Hollywood’s beloved onscreen sweetheart slash bookworm IRL just emerged with this bright blonde lob. She looks refreshed and adorable AF, so we’ll come right out and say it: We love it!
11. Jamie Chung: Jamie might want you to focus on those adorbs earrings she’s wearing, but we’re more interested in her wavy, highlighted hair! The fashion-savvy actress looks sunkissed to perfection with those caramel blonde highlights she’s been enjoying while in Bali.
12. Evan Rachel Wood: So, Evan Rachel Wood just got our vote for most badass babe of the year. The actress is bringing grunge back with a super-short blunt cut ‘do and a faded jewel-toned rainbow dye-job to complete the edgy look.
13. Nicki Minaj: Ooh! Nicki got in on the super-long hair trend but changed it up with those braids. Her standout tresses are worn in the sultriest Ariana Grande-style high pony of all time for one of her best looks yet.
14. Elsa Hosk: Beach goddess Elsa Hosk looks like she’s channeling Penny Lane in this shot. With the most retro-fabulous round-lensed glasses and a bronzed beach-bunny ensemble, her long blonde beachy waves complete the look with gorgeous hints of rocker-chic.
15. Kate Bosworth: Kate’s pale blonde strands look Great Gatsby-era chic, pulled back into a low bun with a side part up front. Wouldn’t she make an amazing Daisy?
16. Kylie Jenner: Here’s a photo of Kylie looking fab (and like she knows it), posted in honor of making Forbes’ 30 Under 30 List. She’s looking the part of an actual movie star with the cutest wavy, side-parted lob ever.
17. Gina Rodriguez: The TV-darling from Jane the Virgin has transformed before our eyes in this double-bun style. Our favorite part is the mahogany contrast she’s rocking thanks to those warm-hued ends.
Which of 2017’s freshest looks at celebrity hair was your favorite? Show us on Pinterest!