Pedal in Style With the 18 Best Bike Baskets + Panniers
We’ve already hooked you up with the raddest bikes around, so it’s only fitting that our next move would be to help you outfit your new ride with the latest and greatest accessories. And we’re not talking streamers and bells, though we do love some good throwbacks. We’re talking baskets and panniers. Check out these 18 chic storage options that make room for everything from your furry friend to your favorite brew.
1. Reel Elastic Storage System: Who knew elastic could be so stylish? A long reel of elastic, and some protective rubber grips to keep it in place, winds around your bike’s frame to give you storage for anything and everything. (via Design Boom)
2. Tonal Weave Bike Basket ($68): Thanks, Anthropologie, not only are we itchin’ to buy this adorable woven basket for our cruiser now, but we’re also wishing we had a bold citrus bike like this one, too.
3. Crochet Saddlebag ($60): This definitely isn’t your grandma’s crochet. This saddlebag doubles as a messenger bag and adds a fun pop of color to your ride.
4. Nantucket Pet Basket ($120): Don’t forget Fido! That sleek caged top will ensure your pup doesn’t fall out (or jump out!).
5. Springtime Three-in-One: We introduced you to this innovative design last year, but just couldn’t help not showing it off again. Talk about functionality. (via Bloon)
6. Six-Bottle Bike Bag ($60): By no means are we suggesting that bicycles and booze go hand-in-hand. However, we do think this bottle bag is a pretty handy way to transport those delicious beverages.
7. Bootbag Bike: Consider this leather-wrapped solution for an eco-friendly, open-top container that doubles as a shopping bag. (via Wired)
8. Floral Basket: Hit up your local thrift store or dollar store and DIY a gorgeous bike basket that’s both simple and budget-friendly. (via The Merry Thought)
9. Handlebar Bag ($188): This accessory goes from bike to body with just the click of a shoulder strap.
10. Porter Crate: This large storage solution paired with a vintage bike looks like it jumped right out of a classic movie. (via Design Sponge)
11. Boxy Seat Bag ($95): While this may not be a basket or bag, we still think it’s pretty darn nifty. This leather box nestles right under your bike seat to hold small essential items.
12. Flat Back Raspberry Basket ($65): We did say we love a good throwback! You don’t have to attach this beauty to your old school Huffy 10-speed, but it’s sure to remind you of the good old days no matter what.
13. Bike Clutch ($38): Can’t decide whether this makes a cuter clutch or bike accessory? Good news! This bow-accented piece works perfectly as both, so no decision is necessary.
14. Swiss Army Pannier + Shoulder Bag Pair ($165): A duo of panniers is sure to hold everything from books to a laptop, and look at how chic they look on your wheels!
15. Wood Bike Crate ($60): No need to worry if DIYing isn’t your thing, because Etsy’s always to the rescue! This handmade wood crate can come as natural wood or stained, and is ideal for running errands or loading up at the farmer’s market.
16. Waterproof Yellow Leaf Pannier ($53): Keep your goods from getting soaked while on the move and make yourself easily visible to oncoming traffic.
17. Elliptical Wooden Bike Basket ($90): If a bike basket isn’t ideal for lengthy items or oddly-sized necessities you might have, strap ’em in to this chic bed.
18. Front Bike Basket ($30): Sometimes simple is underrated. A basic wire basket is a classic storage option for the front of your two-wheeler.
Which of these baskets or panniers do you want to strap on to your bicycle? Tell us which ones you love in the comments below.