Cookie cake, dessert pizza, fruit tart… whatever you call them, there’s no denying they’re absolutely delicious. A thin “crust” and fresh fruit toppings make these great desserts for the days when you don’t want anything too heavy but still have to satisfy your sweet tooth. Plus, there are endless flavor combinations. Whether you prefer your desserts fruiter, chocolatier or somewhere in between, there is a recipe on this list for everyone. Keep reading for 14 recipes you’ll want to make for dessert this weekend.
1. Caramel Apple Dessert Pizza: Mix up a pizza dough, but swap out the regular sugar for a little extra brown sugar to make the perfect foundation for the streusel apple topping. (via Chocolate With Grace)
2. Fruit-Topped Cookie Cake: This crowd-sized sugar cookie is topped with thick cream cheese frosting and fresh fruit for a dessert that looks just as good as it tastes. (via Sally’s Baking Addiction)
3. Bananas Foster Cookie Cake: Here, banana slices are simmered in brown sugar, rum, vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon before being poured over the cinnamon-sugar frosting. This one is all about the sauce. (via Simply Gloria)
4. Maple Quinoa Fruit Pizza: Just because you’re trying to eat healthy doesn’t mean you have to skip dessert. This quinoa crust is packed full of protein, and the avocado creme is downright delicious. (via Almonds and Avocados)
5. Banana Split Brownie Pizza: A warm brownie base is covered in ice cream, piled high with your choice of fruit topping and then drizzled with hot fudge syrup for this modern twist on a timeless classic. (via Betty Crocker)
7. Apple Cinnamon Dessert Pizza: The simple powered-sugar glaze takes your traditional apple-cinnamon flavor pairing to the next level. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream for the ultimate treat. (via Mel’s Kitchen Cafe)
11. Healthy Oat and Yogurt Fruit Pizza: The greek yogurt “frosting” and a whole wheat flour mixed with a rolled oat base make this a healthy dessert that tastes like pure indulgence. (via The Yummy Life)
14. Mini Sugar Cookie Cakes: These mini cookie cakes make it easy to create different topping and frosting options (try some with nutella!), and also ensures that everyone leaves satisfied. (via Lil’ Luna)
Will you whip up any of these fruity desserts for your next party? Talk to us in the comments section!