21 Gorgeous Desserts Spiked With Summer Fruits
There are so many things to love about warm weather, but we especially love delicious summer fruit. This season brings us fresh goodies like strawberries, blueberries, mangoes, nectarines, peaches and blackberries. And what better way to celebrate these juicy delights than with some gorgeous desserts in their honor? Here are 21 scrumptious summer fruit desserts to help you get the most out of the season.
Love panna cotta? Check out these four tasty varieties featuring flavors like coconut and s'mores (yes, there is a s'mores panna cotta and you need to try it!). (via Brit + Co)
Peaches aren’t the only summer fruits who can get a little grill time! How easy and fun do these look for dessert or an after summer camp snack for the kids? (via Food Network)
A sumptuous blackberry pie is made even more desirable when covered with tiny circles of crust. (via Une Gamine Dans la Cuisine)
Three delicious, crispy meringue layers with whipped cream, fresh strawberries and raspberries. How yummy is that? (via Brit + Co)
This white chocolate and yogurt cake can easily be made in advance because it needs to chill overnight. The cantaloupe and white chocolate shavings add a flavorful garnish. (via Baking After Dark)
Peanut Butter Berry Crisp
Courtesy of PB2/Leelalicious
- 4 cups fresh or frozen strawberries and blueberries
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch corn starch (rice flour can be substituted)
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
Peanut Butter Crumble Topping
- 3/4 cup PB2 Original peanut powder
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a 9 or 10-inch baking dish or skillet stir together the berries with tapioca starch and brown/coconut sugar. Set aside while preparing the peanut butter crumble topping.
- In a bowl stir together PB2 powder, oat flour, rolled oats, and salt. Then add the melted butter/coconut oil, sugar, and vanilla extract. Work everything together until a lumpy crumble mixture forms.
- Spread the topping evenly over the fruit in the baking dish. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. The fruit should be bubbly and the topping golden brown.
- Let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving. If desired, add a scoop of (dairy-free) ice cream or whipped (coconut) cream to each serving.
Swirls of different colored buttercream are painted on like watercolors on this this decadent three-layer masterpiece and the hand-broken shards of honeycomb are arranged like a sugar sculpture. You can't go wrong with this summery flavor combination. (via Brit + Co)
Ready-made pie dough, canned cherry pie filling, a heart-shaped cookie cutter, and white sanding sugar is just about all you need to pull these beauties together. (via Brit + Co)
These delicious, healthier donuts have whole wheat flour, fresh strawberries, coconut oil and Greek yogurt to perfectly balance out the temptingly sweet glaze. (via Brit + Co)
How cute are these sweet treats? These spring rolls are even served with a jalapeño and honey dipping sauce for added flavor. (via The Kitchn)
There are just not enough desserts made with plums! If you’re looking for something a bit different, try this yummy almond cake topped with roasted plums and white chocolate ganache. It’s stunning and delicious! (via The White Ramekins)
Serve this in a fancy glass with a shot of tequila, you know, for a bit of a kick. (via Will Cook for Friends)
These shortcakes are totally packable for a picnic. Plus you can pull them off in no time thanks to Pillsbury biscuits. (via Brit + Co)
There are more uses for figs than just Fig Newtons! This dessert features broiled figs with sesame seeds, thyme, salt and pecans drizzled in honey. They are served warm with ice cream. (via The Bojon Gourmet)
Trifles might look intimidating, but don’t let them fool you. All you have to do is bake a vanilla chiffon cake, cut up and layer with vanilla custard and fresh summer fruit like berries, peaches and cherries. To make serving easier, you can also arrange in individual bowls or stemware. (via Williams-Sonoma)
Gluten Free Berry Crepes
Courtesy of PB2/Mae Elizabeth
- 2 Tbsp flaxseed meal and 6 tbsp water. Mix together and set aside for 5 min.
- 3/4 cup oat milk
- 1/2 cup sparkling water
- 1 cup of “1 to 1” GF baking flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 scoops PB2 Performance – Peanut Protein (Dutch Cocoa)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 8oz Vanilla GF vegan yogurt
- 2-3 cups of berries of your choice
- Berries of your choice
- Powdered Sugar for dusting
- First, make two flaxseed “eggs” by combining flaxseed meal with water. Mix together and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Next, combine all of the crepe ingredients into a blender until smooth. If you have to hand mix, make sure the batter is as smooth as possible.
- Heat a small 6” non-stick pan on medium heat. Spray with oil.
- Then, pour a small amount of crepe batter into pan and immediately start twirling the pan to help spread the batter out as thin as possible.
- After about a minute, use a spatula to lift the edges and carefully flip the crepe. Cook the other side until golden brown. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Spread the vanilla yogurt on each crepe like sauce on a pizza, add about 4-5 berries in a row, and roll the crepe up.
- Top with whatever you want! I used powdered sugar and more berries.
This beautiful tart can come to life in under 30 minutes. How simple is that? (via Bakers Royale)
This strawberry tart only takes 10 minutes to put together, but it looks like it's straight out of a French patisserie. (via Brit + Co)
Layers of watermelon and cantaloupe are filled with a gorgeous blend of yogurt and whipped cream. It's fresh, light and perfect for all of your summer fetes. (via Brit + Co)
This post has been updated.
- How to Make the Best Summer Fruit Crisp Ever - Brit + Co ›
- 25 Epic Dessert Mashup Recipes to Satisfy ALL of Your Cravings - Brit + Co ›
- 30 Perfectly Patriotic Dessert Recipes for Independence Day - Brit + Co ›
- 37 Oreo Recipes That Will Make Your Cookie Dreams Come True - Brit + Co ›
- 20 Rainbow Dessert Recipes - Brit + Co ›