20 Gorgeous Desserts Spiked With Summer Fruits
There are so many things to love about the summer, but we especially love the delicious seasonal fruit. This season brings us fresh goodies like strawberries, blueberries, mangoes, nectarines, peaches and blackberries. And what better way to celebrate these juicy delights than with some gorgeous desserts in their honor? Here are 20 scrumptious summer fruit desserts to help you get the most out of the season.
2. Strawberry Shortcake Skewers: Peaches aren’t the only summer fruits who can get a little grill time! How easy and fun do these look for dessert or an after summer camp snack for the kids? (via Food Network)
7. Cantaloupe Yogurt Cake: This white chocolate and yogurt cake can easily be made in advance because it needs to chill overnight. The cantaloupe and white chocolate shavings add a flavorful garnish. (via Baking After Dark)
8. Rhubarb Soup With Ice Cream + Figs: If you’re looking for something cool to serve on a hot summer’s night, try this rhubarb soup. It’s an elegant dessert that is served chilled with ice cream and caramelized figs. (via DiepLicious)
9. Wild Berry Tart With an Almond, Coconut + Oat Base: A lovely, sweet cake made of almond flour, coconut and oats. The best bit? You can choose whatever berries you like to place on top. (via Box of Spice)
11. Grilled Peaches: A simple and stunning dessert that is so quick to pull together. It’s the perfect thing to serve at a backyard BBQ. Just grill the peaches, add a scoop of mascarpone, drizzle with balsamic reduction and garnish with mint. (via Feisty Veggies)
13. Gluten-Free Almond Cake With Rosemary Roasted Plums: There are just not enough desserts made with plums! If you’re looking for something a bit different, try this yummy almond cake topped with roasted plums and white chocolate ganache. It’s stunning and delicious! (via The White Ramekins)
16. Za’atar Broiled Figs with Pecans + Goat Cheese Honey Ice Cream: There are more uses for figs than just Fig Newtons! This dessert features broiled figs with sesame seeds, thyme, salt and pecans drizzled in honey. They are served warm with ice cream. (via The Bojon Gourmet)
17. Summer Fruit Trifle: Trifles might look intimidating, but don’t let them fool you. All you have to do is bake a vanilla chiffon cake, cut up and layer with vanilla custard and fresh summer fruit like berries, peaches and cherries. To make serving easier, you can also arrange in individual bowls or stemware. (via Williams-Sonoma)
20. Watermelon Cantaloupe Dessert Fruit Cake: Layers of watermelon and cantaloupe are filled with a gorgeous blend of yogurt and whipped cream. It’s fresh, light and perfect for all of your summer fetes. (via Brit + Co)
What’s your favorite recipe that features summer fruit? Share it with us in the comments below!