12 Cookie Dough Recipes to Make Ahead and Freeze
Whipping up delicious, eye-pleasing, creative cookie recipes is fun, but sometimes those cravings come on HARD. When you’re jonesing for a treat, you just want something sweet and doughy as quickly as possible. Luckily, cookie dough recipes have you covered on that front. These 12 options can be made ahead of time and thrown in the freezer, perfect for baking up on a whim whenever you feel like it.
1. Soft Peanut Butter Cookies: Here’s a hint: The key to making freeze-able dough is choosing a recipe that’s full of fatty ingredients. The fat will allow the dough to still taste fresh weeks down the line. Case in point is this delightful peanut butter cookie recipe. (via Rachel Schultz)
2. Loaded Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies: Sure, they’re made with oatmeal, but don’t call these rich and buttery cookies a health food! They’re FAR too yummy for that. And they happen to call for an entire stick of butter, so you *know* they’re going to be decadent. (via Averie Cooks)
3. Lemon Butter Cookies: Lemon lovers everywhere will appreciate the sweet, lemony goodness of these buttery cookies. They also happen to only call for a few select ingredients — namely, lemon juice, lemon zest, butter, sugar, eggs and flour. (via Simply Whisked)
4. Butter Cookies: This butter cookie recipe is super soft and creamy, so it’s great for freezing ahead. Bonus: It’s also PERFECT for cutting into fun shapes, making it super appropriate for kids (or grown-up kids, natch). (via Life As Mama)
5. Butter Pecan Cookies: Not only is this dough totally okay to make ahead of time, but the recipe actually REQUIRES it. This dough needs to chill for at least three days, so why not whip it up to have on hand any time you’re feeling the need for cookies? (via Sally’s Baking Addiction)
6. Peanut Butter M&M Cookies: This super yummy cookie dough recipe combines the flavors of peanut butter with chocolatey M&Ms. Pro tip: If you only have unsalted butter on hand and the recipe calls for salted, just add 1/4 teaspoon salt to the recipe. (via Sally’s Baking Addiction)
7. Disneyland’s Peanut Butter Cookies: This copycat recipe recreates the big, fluffy peanut butter cookies you can find on Main Street USA in Disneyland. Interspersed throughout the doughy, buttery cookies are peanut butter chips, which set them apart from your average peanut butter cookie. (via Six Sisters Stuff)
9. Vanilla Bean Danish Butter Cookies: Vanilla bean is the star ingredient in these Danish cookies. Freeze the dough, let it thaw and then use a piping bag to create pretty circle shapes before baking. (via Ashlee Marie)
10. Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies: Make this ahead of time, but leave the chocolate chips for adding in at the end. Hershey’s kisses, peanut butter, brown sugar, butter and vanilla extract comprise the flavors of these classic cookies. (via The Semi Sweet Sisters)
11. Gooey Butter Cookies: These doughy cookies pull gently apart in the oven, creating a crinkle-like texture on top. But inside? It’s pure softness. Be sure to lightly coat the cookies with powdered sugar before baking to create the crinkle effect. (via How to Nest for Less)
12. Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Cookies: Finally, these chocolate chip cookies are the perfect perennial favorite to store in the fridge before baking. We’ll also leave you with one final tip: When freezing dough, it’s best to shape the cookies into individual portions and pop them in the fridge for about 30 minutes to harden. Then, stack them on top of each other, with sheets of parchment paper between each level. Put them into a freezer-safe bag, and chill. (via Tastes of Lizzie T)
Follow us on Pinterest for more dessert recipes and quick-and-easy cooking hacks!